• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Time for a new lid

mcfly

Riding to the Coolest Rally a few weeks ago, I noticed my Shoei RF1100 (that is now 7 years old)
was starting to dig into the top of my head.  Tried moving the padding around, but it still digs into my
head... then noticed the interior foam was shifting ever so slightly when I pushed on it...  I guess it's time for a new helmet.....

My RF1100 was my favorite helmet.  Very comfortable, works well with eye glasses, all around great lid.
Separation anxiety is setting in already.  ;D  I figured I'd give the RF1200 a chance.

Should be here any day now!  :)

Attachments

• RF1200.jpg
    RF1200.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 113
Gumby said:
Mcfly said:
My RF1100 was my favorite helmet. Very comfortable, works well with eye glasses, all around great lid.
Separation anxiety is setting in already.  ;D  I figured I'd give the RF1200 a chance.

Should be here any day now!  :)
To late for new padding. :-[

http://www.store.shoei-helmets.com/parts-by-helmet-model/road/rf-1100/rf-1100-interior.html

I did explore that option. It's lasted 8 years in Florida heat... (made in 2010) so I think I'm better off replacing it.
I was thinking of getting the padding anyway, and ditching my cheapo helmet and using the RF1100 as the second stringer.  :017:

Sport Rider said:
I thought you were going to get this one.  :-X

Well it's too late now, but the wife might like one  :eek:

Finally!  The new RF-1200.  Got a tinted pinlock shield for the commute, installed the Sena SMH10b,
and I'm ready to ride tomorrow!  Well... after I fix the horn that is...  :(

I forgot how new helmets fit/feel...  Though it's 'snug' around the cheek pads, everything else feels
comfy.  I guess I'll keep it!  :great:

IMG_0215-M.jpg

IMG_0216-M.jpg

SilverConnieRider said:
Where did you get from and how much was it?

Got it on Amazon.  Price was $410, which was $80 under the 'going' price.  I had $120 in gift cards  ;D
from Christmas, so I got a deal....  I've seen them priced about $350 on the web.  Gotta look around.