• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Time for new helmet

slybonesjesse

Sport Tourer
Would not mind sticking with a flip face helmet. Thinking of a Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer. Any experience with Scorpion? 2003 Concours, 65K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Pretty decent stuff. A riding buddy got one.. very nice. From what I read it is a bit on the heavier side than some others. The EXO-1000 is on my short list for end of season purchase. I like the internal flip down sun shield and comfy fit. Was going to get one last year before my unplanned sabattical.

Sly, I have no experience with the Scorpion EXO-900 but MCN in their October 2010 issue rated it very well and as "RECOMMENDED", also the HJC Sy-Max II. I love my Shoei Multitech and got it at the D.C. Cycle World Show three years ago, and at $100. off list at the show. It is very quiet.Maybe a CW show would be near you this fall, and a chance to see the range of helmets? I've always been a "full face" helmet guy but I like this lid, especially for travelling when I'm talking more often to people. :)

While at the National I bought a HJC IS MAX. It is essentially the same helmet, feature wise, as the SY-MAX differing in shell material and a slightly inferior liner. I'm quite pleased with it and even with paying sales tax in WI it was less than $180.00.

Had a Scorpion 400. I liked it. But the anti fog coating wore off after a year. Denis Kirk has a 'blow out' pricing on HJC helmets.

I have the 900 and just bought a 1000 for the CFO. I tried it out on the way home from the shop on Hwy99 were I bought it. It seems lighter than the 900, and the new visor is slick. Ventilation was good, tho the 900 is good two. I like to ride with the internal shaded screen down and the outer visor up. Been very happy with the 900, not sure if the 1000 is worth the extra $$. They were selling them cheap $258 to make way for the new models that are the same but new graphics.

I had an HJC CL-Max, and it was very noise. Lots of wind noise at top of faceshield, so I decided to look for a quieter helmet. Local dealer allowe dme to try several duffernet types (they aren't huge so the had somewhat limited selection)... Quietest by far was the Exo-900. I bought it, and like it very much. Only negative is that its venting is not as effective as others, but the quietness makes up for it in my view.