• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Time to ride in the Carolina's

Scott_King

Big Wheel
I took a short (240 miles) ride up thru the Blue Ridge Parkway today, weather was perfect.
70's in the foothills, high 50's in the mountains kept the heat monster at bay. A few squids were out trying out their new toys and probably met the nice NCHP officer taking radar on HWY 181........otherwise we had the parkway to ourselves.
A few new potholes and gravel washes, otherwise pretty good conditions. Of course it's the roads to and from the Parkway that are the most fun!

Eddie-FL said:
doug said:
Cap'n Bob said:
I'm suppose to be going down in a few weeks!

??? OOO Please.. It should be "going over" or just "going there"... Never GOING DOWN.... Sounds Hurty!  :p

Or dirty! Just can't keep my mind out of the gutter!!

The gutter is a terrible place... You just get good and crawled out  8) and the little gutter demons  >:D go to pulling you back in...
Get Thee Behind Me little Gutter Demons!  O:)

305 Miles today, from Little Switzerland to Asheville. Took Hwy 226A to the Parkway, definitely not a route for the squeamish. Still a little spotty patches of snow on the North facing slopes near Mt. Michell. Pretty quiet ride until I got near Asheville.

Attachments

• HPIM0189.JPG
    HPIM0189.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 86