• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Time to say goodbye... OK... Later!

Guys,
It's been a real pleasure meeting and riding with many of you, but I've been battling a work related injury since early summer. I'm recouping from surgery to my L3-L5... The doc had to remove all the old L4/L5 hardware before he could even get the new stuff in. And once I'm recovered enough I have to go back in for surgery on my right shoulder. I have almost completely torn through the rotator cuff. I literally can no longer get a leg over the C14. I plan on continuing to ride, but on a different bike to meet my needs. So I traded the C14 in for a 2015 H-D Road Glide Special. I can mount and dismount will little difficulty and it has all the accessories that I want anyway. I would like to think that I might be able to make the Bun Cooler, but I just have to see how my recovery goes. If I'm fit enough, I will make the Bun Cooler... If not then there are other future rides awaiting me. Thanks for all the good times and I'm sure that I'll meet up with as many of you as possible in the future...

Later,
Ray

I wish you the absolute best with your recovery and hope that your injuries do not make you a stranger.  Know that you have our prayers and we look forward with you to your continued riding with us. Let's not say good bye, but rather "see you later" and "vaya con Dios".

Take good care and stay with this group. Remember?  Join for the bike... Stay for the people.

Ray! Glad to read you're still alive and kicking!  You wrote this like it was a farewell message, but I chose to read it like a "I need a little time" message.  If you can make the Cooler, I'll hold a bed for you.

Rev Ryder said:
Stay for the people.
:iagree:

Don't say goodbye just cause you ride a Harley.

Look this guy brought his to the SW regional last year.

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Ray,

I saw you on that sharknose forum as well, and this does sound like a goodbye message. I also just got a new (to me) RoadGlide, amazing machine, even if'n it is a Harley... In my case, I am able to keep my connie, they both have their place in my life.

While still having not done any rides, from what I can see from both forums, when I do have a little mroe time to dedicate to organized rides it will probably be the folks from this site. Not sure which bike I'll be on, but I suspect the folks here don't care. I can't say I've gotten the same sense from that other site.

Enjoy that beast, I know I have been enjoying mine, but still just cannot stop riding my connie...  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

Ed Mac said:
Not sure which bike I'll be on, but I suspect the folks here don't care.

And screw em if they do! We need more independent free thinking trouble makers around here!! >:D
I can almost guarantee the next COG event I show up at I'll be riding a Harley (My wife's) 

Thanks for all the comments guys... This really is a great group. 2014 turned out to be a bitch of a year. Work was killing me and I literally only rode 150 miles before my work injury took me out. It was killing me that I can't get a leg over the seat because f the height. I was out there in the garage trying different things (including a loop of rope around my foot) to get on the bike. So I find myself down at the Harley dealer to check out the STAR (Idaho's version of MSF) season opener. I wandered over to some of the new bikes and discovered that I could get on almost every model on the showroom floor. I opted for the Road Glide because there's no way I'll ride with a fork mounted fairing ever again. The dealer gave me a great trade-in price for my '08 and the R-G Special does come standard with almost every option/accessory that I had installed or wanted to install on the Connie. I think that this will allow me to continue riding. I'm really hoping that I can be ready to ride by the Bun Cooler. It's the best way to inaugurate the riding season and my COG membership is good until 2017. I guess I'm now a COG/HOG. But I will have to say good bye to the Connie.  :'(  So Charlie... I am still targeting the BC as my first real ride of the season and on the Glide. So, fingers crossed... I'll see y'all in late May...

Again, thanks for all the good words guys. They are greatly appreciated! 

Keep me posted, Ray.  I should verify my reservation.  There's new management at the L&C.

We don't care what you ride, as long as you ride. I haven't owned a Connie for 10 years and not only have I stayed a member, but I have been to 4 nationals and put on the Bun Cooler. We might not be like HOG rallies where women flash their breast, but we do have a good time. I bet if we get a few beers in Charlie he will flash you. :)

Jim_Sherman_ID said:
We don't care what you ride, as long as you ride. I haven't owned a Connie for 10 years and not only have I stayed a member, but I have been to 4 nationals and put on the Bun Cooler. We might not be like HOG rallies where women flash their breast, but we do have a good time. I bet if we get a few beers in Charlie he will flash you. :)
That I don't need to see  :)) :)) :)) Stay close Ray. The criteria for me are 2 wheels, check. Handlebars, Check. Internal combustion engine (though that's changing) Check. Riden? Check. Ride on Bud and C U in Cortez!

RayK,

Where are you in Boise?

I'm southeast side, off ParkCenter Blvd., and Lucky Peak, Hilltop, Spring Shores, even Idaho City is a nice, convenient ride.

If you want to go for a ride with somebody, PM me.

Tom Roush
Boise

I tell ya what... Y'all promise that Charlie DOESN'T flash me, I'll stay!  :rotflmao: I just have to remember that it the people not the bikes that makes for a great/fun group. TLR... I'm over by Eagle and McMillan. The Idaho City ride is always a nice local ride... When my back was in better shape the Banks-Lowman loop is always a hoot (when the road surface isn't too chewed up!). Another good day ride is up to McCall in 55 and down 95 from New Meadows. We need to try and get together soon... Lunch or something and just shot the breeze. Knowing that I CAN get my leg over the seat is motivation enough to do everything that I'm supposed to do to get back to a state that I can ride again ASAP!

BTW... The new RG gets delivered today  :) and I have to say goodbye to the Connie...  :'(

if Charlie flashes anyone, I'M leaving!  :-\

Ray COGHOG, I had a lot of luck with a driver backrest on my Vulcan for taking pressure off the lower back.  I hope the HD works for you!

Well I trussed myself up like a Thanksgiving turkey (immobilized the back) and took the RGS out for a ride. It looks like this bike will save me and allow for many more years of riding. I rode mt regular local loop... Boise up 55 to Horseshoe Bend and then over on to Black Canyon Hwy (Rt 52) over to Emmett and then down 16 back to town. I can ride!!! Gotta get used to the different controls and I sit in the bike rather than on it, but it works and I can ride! I might want a different wind screen and a few other items, but this bike is fun to ride. I even dragged the left floorboard!  :)

20150402_160356.jpg

Floorboards are NOT covered under warranty! They're like tires and brake pads, considered a wear item  >:D

Camper Dave said:
Floorboards are NOT covered under warranty! They're like tires and brake pads, considered a wear item    >:D
:rotflmao:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OH! Dave's serious.  :eek:

:eek:

:eek:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Keep me posted, Ray.  I should verify my reservation.  There's new management at the L&C.

Ray! Need a Plan B!  I just called the L&C to confirm the reservation I made when departing last year, and they had no record of me making that reservation.  I don't have a room with a spare bed after all, so if you're going to make it to the Cooler don't count on me having a spare bed.  They do have rollaway beds though, so if worst comes to worst I'm sure someone will find a spot for you.

Not to worry Charlie. I'm healing, but not going to be riding until mid to late summer. PT three times a week will help, but the shoulder hurts like hell. My first goal is to be able sleep in a bed and not a recliner!