• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tire quandry.

nyst100

Mini Bike
There really are no black and white answers on this are there? It seems the more I read the less I know. I've been riding a Concours for quite a while(99). I just sold that one and bought an 05 with Metzelers on it. It seems to turn in hard. I was running a PR3 on the front and a Commander on the rear. The Commander was wearing like iron but didn't give a lot of confidence in the twisties. Never rode it in the rain but have read some horror stories. After all these years I was hoping for a strong consensus of opinions on this subject.
Again....The more I read...the less I know.  :mad:

Can I jump in with a tire question as well please and you're right the limited choices for this bike can be a real hassle!

My rear tire is nearing replacement while the front has plenty of tread left, much more.
Any downside to replacing just the one / rear tire only?
Should it be the same brand assuming it's still available?

I'm running the Avon tire that's a bias ply, not a radial, can't recall the name.
Thanks!

I never understood the "limited choices" assumption.
The first retailer I checked had over a dozen each
fronts and rears available, including radial and bias
types.
I likely wouldn't live long enough to try them all.

Being a relatively cheap/frugal sort, I gave the Shinko 777 a try on my first C10 (2002). It worked well enough I put the 777HD on the second C10 (2005). They handled well with both a PR2 and a Dunlop front. Never had a need to spend more and they lasted well.