• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tires - Anyone used the Continental Conti Motion Sport Touring Tires

rsorrell2

Bicycle
I see that www.compacc.com  (Competition Accessories) has front and rear package special for $183.59 and I am considering them for that price.

Just wonder if anyone has or is using them and how they feel and what the handling is.

I just put a set on about 1000 miles ago and so far so good.  Very pleased with the handling and so far cannot see any wear on them (but it is only 1000 miles).  There is another post about this and one guy claimed to get like 3K out of them and another claimed 8K so i guess i will see what i get. 

Also you may want to try shopping around i got mine for 167 including shippping from MOTOSPORT

rsorrell2 said:
I see that www.compacc.com  (Competition Accessories) has front and rear package special for $183.59 and I am considering them for that price.

Just wonder if anyone has or is using them and how they feel and what the handling is.

I got my set a couple of weeks about before Comp Acc raised the prices  :nananana:  I got mine for $170 shipped.  I put a couple of hundred miles on them last weekend and like any new tire they felt great.  The strange thing is I had put them in my basket and left them there for a few days, a buddy told me about the $183 price but when I went back to my basket they were still there at the lower price so I scooped them up then.  ;D

I am heading for N GA this Saturday to give them a real workout, I will let you know when I get back. 

Got me wondering so i just checked MotoSport still 164 shipped. 

No i do not work for motosport just a cheapskate ;D

Just a little update.  I have put on about 1700 miles so far and they Conti's are wearing well, still a nice round profile (with mostly straight road riding) and deep tread grooves.  I have been pleased with the grip in the dry and rain so far also. 

AftonJay1 said:
Just a little update.  I have put on about 1700 miles so far and they Conti's are wearing well, still a nice round profile (with mostly straight road riding) and deep tread grooves.  I have been pleased with the grip in the dry and rain so far also.

I have about 1200 on mine and the last ride was to the mountains of WNC and I ran the crap out of the tires and they handled exceptional, my next trip will be to N GA on the 27th, then the following week to Watkins Glen for the BMW rally and we will be taking back roads through WV VA and PA, so they will get a great workout then.  I just hope I get enough mileage to get back home  ;D

COGnosticat0r said:
AftonJay1 said:

I have about 1200 on mine and the last ride was to the mountains of WNC and I ran the crap out of the tires and they handled exceptional, my next trip will be to N GA on the 27th, then the following week to Watkins Glen for the BMW rally and we will be taking back roads through WV VA and PA, so they will get a great workout then.  I just hope I get enough mileage to get back home  ;D

I was at Watkins Glen during the BMW rally.  I hope you did the three laps around the track for charity because it is always fantastic.  The pace of the pace car was, shall we, spirited.

I've got 29,880 miles on the odometer of my '09C14 and about 3,000 miles on the Conti Motions.  Because the early mileage at 36F/42R showed such a good wear pattern and no sign of cupping, I'm now running 35F/38R pressure and the wear pattern continues to be excellent with a very wide band on the rear tire.  Compared to the tread depth I measured new vs now, a bit over 1/2 the tread has worn.  Maybe I'll get 5,000. 

After using OEM's, PR2's, Z8's, and a RoadSmart front, these are the best I've had.  Turn in is light, stability at high speed excellent, confident cornering, good wet traction.  NO CUPPING

While I haven't used the Conti Motions on my C14, I have a set on my 94 GSXR 1100. They have been solid performers with 6000 miles of tread life. Lots of hwy and mountain road use...