• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

to early for 2012 talks?

Gradall

Big Wheel
Here we are August 2011, is it to early to guess upcoming colors or maybe changes to the Concours? Come on sexy euro green!

That is a lovely shade of green indeed. >:D But I suspect the Braintrust would want to promote the 'touring' aspect of the Concours and be reluctant to release the bike in a 'competition' colour. They'd probably go for more a forest green. ;D

Glenn said:
That is a lovely shade of green indeed. >:D But I suspect the Braintrust would want to promote the 'touring' aspect of the Concours and be reluctant to release the bike in a 'competition' colour. They'd probably go for more a forest green. ;D

How about a nice mix, say the new ZX14 colors...  :great:

I could see this on a Connie...  ;D

2010-kawasaki-ninja-zx-14-review.jpg

vp2047635_1.jpg

Agreed Gleen!  :beerchug:

Anyone out there with some photoshop skills to doctor up a pic of a Connie in this color scheme for us to critique??  :sign0085:

ZG said:
Anyone out there with some photoshop skills to doctor up a pic of a Connie in this color scheme for us to critique??  :sign0085:

Oh, and if you need a pic to photoshop it onto how about trying it on this one... (do the tail, lower, upper, and side grill in the green)

IMG00390-20110713-1741.jpg

ZG said:
ZG said:

Oh, and if you need a pic to photoshop it onto how about trying it on this one... (do the tail, lower, upper, and side grill in the green)

That is one beautiful bike.

Dano said:
ZG said:
ZG said:

That is one beautiful bike.

Thanks Dano!  :beerchug:

ZG said:
ZG said:

Something like this, back way up from your monitor and squint your eyes... Anyone out there with actual skill please jump in and doctor one up, this is just to give an abstract sense of what I'm talking about...

IMG00390-20110713-1741-1.jpg

not to get off subject but could someone tell me the maker of this seat?

ZG said:
ZG said:

not to change the color subject or the seat sub set,  :-[ but do you think there might be a chance of a 3.0 edition????

gradall said:
not to change the color subject or the seat sub set,  :-[ but do you think there might be a chance of a 3.0 edition????

3.0 what, C14?  I doubt it. It had a redesign after two years. I doubt they will change anything else for a while. If they go on past practices concerning upgrading Concours'es. You may have to wait about 20 years for the next update!  :))

I've seen a better pic of the European green somewhere, but just can't find it right now. I REALLY like this color.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news-g-image/eicma-2010-kawasaki-1400-gtr-live-photos/35132.html#image

Edit: Found it: http://www.kawasaki.eu/1400GTR and just click on "Colours".

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
Kawasaki brought this to the 2008 National in Colorado.

large.jpg

Yeah, Channing brought it to the 2009 national in Fontana Dam, NC also.  I personally don't like that green all that much. I like these other greens much better. But I guess people liked the Kawasaki sponsored bike enough to award it best C14 in the bike show for 2009.  ???

Cap'n Bob said:
gradall said:

3.0 what, C14?  I doubt it. It had a redesign after two years. I doubt they will change anything else for a while. If they go on past practices concerning upgrading Concours'es. You may have to wait about 20 years for the next update!  :))

When the 2010 came out, a lot of the promotion kept saying "Kawasaki Listens", so with that in mind, and the fact that it would take almost no effort on their part, I fully expect the 2012 to have dual exhaust.

I am no doubt alone in such thinking, but that's OK, as I'm quite use to it.

ZG said:

ZG, that seat looks "REALLY" comfy!!! and with that new colour scheme.....Ooooooo baby!!! Very desireable. 8)

And of course, if you look at my avatar, you'll notice that I have a soft spot for anything green, so I would be all over this one.  :))

Froggz said:
ZG, that seat looks "REALLY" comfy!!! and with that new colour scheme.....Ooooooo baby!!! Very desireable. 8)

And of course, if you look at my avatar, you'll notice that I have a soft spot for anything green, so I would be all over this one.  :))

Thanks Froggz!  :beerchug:

I agree, make the wheels black and that would be a true  8) bike.

I wonder what a 92 C10 would look like with a paint job like that? Hmmmm. Sounds like a winter project....

Too much green envy! God made things green for three reasons. One, to help you know it's a plant. Two, to help you know it came out of a nose. And three, to help you understand you are dying--you now have gangrene. I gag whenever I see green on an auto or bike. But to each his own. Otherwise no one would marry the ugly wimmen and we'd all be good looking.

I have to admit I'm not too big of a fan of Kawasaki Green on a car either. However, when it is used on a high performance motorcycle it means only one thing: Kawasaki

We can paint our bikes any colour we want, choosing the Green is one way of paying homage to the Kawi tradition of high performance, which the C14 has in spades... I kinda like that!

But then again, I'm kind of partial to the Green. :))
100_2777.jpg

Glenn said:
I have to admit I'm not too big of a fan of Kawasaki Green on a car either. However, when it is used on a high performance motorcycle it means only one thing: Kawasaki

We can paint our bikes any colour we want, choosing the Green is one way of paying homage to the Kawi tradition of high performance, which the C14 has in spades... I kinda like that!

But then again, I'm kind of partial to the Green. :))
100_2777.jpg

Awesome Glen. That Eddie Lawson replica looks like brand new!!!!!  :72: