• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Top 10 Curviest Roads in the USA

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
I've been on 6 of them. How about you?

Been on the Dragon, it’s all right. Did it once, got the sticker and pic. 🤓
Lived on the Kanc at least once a week for 2 1/2 years living in South Conway NH. Glad 100 in VT wasn’t on the list. That was always a good road.

4 for me.
Dragon/Pikes Peak/Snake/Sisters.
Like 4bikes, (those 4 and a lot more roads) were due to COG Nationals.

If you haven't been to a COG National,,, DO IT!!!

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
CA 1, Angeles Crest, and Valley of Fire.

Though I'll say that the section of CA 130 between The Junction/Mines Rd and San Jose is the most deliciously curvy (and dangerous) road I've ever ridden at speed..... CRAZY gnarly....

-x01660

Those are cool roads, but it seems to me like there are some seriously gnarly, way less travelled roads to ride.

Those are cool roads, but it seems to me like there are some seriously gnarly, way less travelled roads to ride.

My FAVORITE loop (that I'd do every Thanksgiving) when I was based out of Santa Barbara was:

• CA SR 192 E (Foothill Rd) to Montecito
  • CA SR 150 E to Ojai
  • CA SR 33 N past Taft to McKittrick
  • CA SR 58 W to Santa Margarita
  • CA SR 101 S to Los Olivos
  • CA SR 154 E back to Santa Barbara
About 310 miles, through AMAZING country, including the Carrizo Plain National Monument. And the roads would be EMPTY, on account of it being Turkey Day. Being able to sit at 110-120 for MILES at a time is AWESOME, and that's to say nothing compared to hard charging up mountain twisties...

I miss California.....

-x01660

Last edited:
I would agree with that.

Been on 3 of these. I spend way too much time in the Hocking Hills obviously and need to get out a little bit. Ohio 78/278/56/93/555 and more kept me busy over there. Not sure I am ever gonna get out to the western states to pick those up.

3 for me as well. However I know atleast a dozen roads in North Central Arkansas that are better then the sisters.

I agree with Jim and will be riding the Arkansas roads again when I get the chance.

I've been fortunate enough to ride a road that puts them all to shame.
Passo Stelvio!

Stelvio is only 1 of many great roads in Europe, and a group of us are considering the Alps/other again next year.
Woo-hoo!!

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I agree with Jim and will be riding the Arkansas roads again when I get the chance.

I've been fortunate enough to ride a road that puts them all to shame.
Passo Stelvio!

Stelvio is only 1 of many great roads in Europe, and a group of us are considering the Alps/other again next year.
Woo-hoo!!

Ride safe, Ted
That looks like all hairpin turns. Not my cup of tea.