• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Top Blocks Install

gp74

I'm considering Murph's Top Blocks. For those with 08-09s who installed them, and maybe gen 2s are the same, did the tracing paper come marked already? The instructions I saw are a bit vague in areas, at least to me. I think the reason might be the translation from French. I hate drilling on that expensive, hard to get, cowling and want to get it right. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks

The gen 2 (2010 and up) will probably be different do to.the different bodywork. They change the fairings slightly to address heat related complaints from owners of the 08+09 models.

Send Murph a.message/email. He's always been good in getting back me about questions or issues.

The gen 2 (2010 and up) will probably be different do to.the different bodywork. They change the fairings slightly to address heat related complaints from owners of the 08+09 models.

Send Murph a.message/email. He's always been good in getting back me about questions or issues.
He sent me the directions. Those were the one's I had a question on. I do like those guards, just hate drilling bodywork and want to make sure I do it right.

This was 10 plus years ago, but I recall Top Block provided a measurement arm that fitted onto the rear bolt on each side with a point that precisely told me where to drill. I had no issues. That was precision and more confidence than a tape measure.

08/09 Bars were due in May 15th or so.....and they made it to the states.....and I waited, waited...sent top block a message, said..hey,,,my bars arent here yet...this was around the first of June...An apologetic email arrived sayings they had been held in customs, and the shipper had not been notified...the paperwork had been resent and all should be well now. Checked yesterday and they had been delivered...?????...yep...in Germany...on their way back to France...Same shipper, same paperwork, same person I have dealt with since we started carrying these things....