• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Top Hinged Snap On Helmet

face33

Sport Tourer
If this is a good idea, and my modular is a good idea, and a different modular has a different release mechanism . . . are paramedics taught to recognize the array of options before tugging at a helmet that won't come off without pressing some buttons first?

Think I'll get some red arrows pointing at the release button on my Neotec after thinking about this . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 12.45.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 12.45.31 PM.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 106
Speaking as a former EMT, the answer is no, we never received any formal training in MC helmet removal. That being said, it would usually come up as a side-note in refresher training every now and then. 3/4 helmets we usually left on unless absolutely necessary to remove. FF helmets usually had to come off so we could access the patients airway, so we would take it off as gently as possible while attempting to maintain neck stabilization. Modulars didn't really exist at that time.

One thing I learned about new gear especially mountain gear is don't buy the first generation anything until folks to know and trust have proven it to be quality. To my thinking the hinge mechanism on that helmet has catastrophe written all over it.
At a motorcycle accident scene Paramedics are just as likely as not to be second or third on scene. Whoever decides to remove the victims modular helmet if competent in the first place would likely be aided by a release sticker IMO. An amped up rookie 1st responder could easily tug tug tug... oh shit.

Good idea'r. Get a hundred made and pass 'em out at the 2016 Helen rally. Ooops inner typing, my bad.