• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tour de France Concours

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
In case you are watching the Tour de France this year, keep an eye on the motorcycles.  There are many types of motorcycles for the press and TV coverage, but it looks like the race officials are all riding 2011 Concours 14's.  In the finish photo from stage 8, and you can see 3 Concours finishing with the winner.  Looks like good advertising to me.

Attachments

• Concours 14.gif
    Concours 14.gif
    261.9 KB · Views: 174
I think I have seen a Concours in every TDF since Lance won his first.  It use to be C10s but not so much anymore.

I wouldn't mind that job but you must think like a French cop to get through some of the crowds on those mountain stages!

I wonder how many of those bikes crash every year... or fall over, or whatever.  It's got to be harrowing riding around all those bicyclists. 

Necron99 said:
I wonder how many of those bikes crash every year... or fall over, or whatever.  It's got to be harrowing riding around all those bicyclists.

I'd rather be on the C14 than the bicycle if there's a collision!  >:D

I dunno...  I've seen a number of reports recently where the motorcyclist got killed and the bicyclist got away with nary a scratch.  Just depends on what happens,  I guess.

A Tour rider did get wiped out by a Motorcycle this year.  Search YouTube for "Tour de France motorcycle crash".  The Motorcycle stayed up, but not so good for the rider.  A car also took out two riders this year.