• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trade your connie for my cruiser?

alekkas

Street Cruiser
Hello all.  It's a long shot, but if anyone here is interested, I have an 04 vulcan 1600 classic with 16k miles on it.  Got it at just under 3K miles three years ago.  If you knew me, you'd believe me when I say ALL fluids changed regularly!!!!

Use Mobile Racing T 10W 40 and change oil every 2-3K miles.

No repairs done or needed.  Original tires changed out at 12K miles with same OEM this past spring.  Bike came with cheap / basic leather saddle bags.  Pass the "hold a twelver" test many times.  Ok condition bags.  Switchblade (instant on / off) two up shield.  Chrome Lowers.  No buffeting.  Passenger Boards.  Back rest (mustang).  Rack.  Vista Cruise.  Vance and Hines Pipes with quiet baffle (also have open baffles).  Carsh bar up front.  Kisan Trail Blazer modulator.  Kisan tail blazer flashing brake light.

Shines up great with extra chrome.  Some scratches on the side of the shield - not in field of view.  Two nicks in paint at top of fender from an evil and long gone tool bag - one the size of a pin head, the other the size of a match head.  That's about it for the negative.  Shows great, rides great.  Easy two up machine.  The vast majority of miles have been touring on two lanes. 

Only thinking of the switch because it is not a sporty bike ...duh.  Otherwise, it's a great cruising and touring machine.  I feel a C10 will fit my touring / two up needs and be more sporty when on my own.

Always stored inside.  Winterized properly.  Ridden through rain a few times while on trips.

feel free to contact me here or at alekkas at yahoo dot com  Plenty more pics.

Attachments

• evan dragon.jpg
    evan dragon.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 151
I am sure she will not be AS comfortable.  BTW - the passenger in that pic is my son on our trip through the Dragon this summer.  That 1600 is a very comfortable bike and less cramped than the new 1700 which are more Harley sized and smaller.

As we break it down, she basically is good to go to the Mississippi for an overnight and shorter day rides.  She has no interest in cross country rides.  So, I believe a connie will still satisfy for those modest distances.  (she is 5'5" and well under 120 lbs).  Of course, if a deal with $, trade, or both is close, I'll have to confirm with her.

Here is a pic of the other side including the grasshopper driver's backrest that I never really use or need.

Attachments

• vulcan minn sign.jpg
    vulcan minn sign.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 121
No problem at all - he's 11.  Now if it was my 15 or 17 year old, they might take offense! ;D

I am sure no comparison at all on a road like that!

Send me a message and we can talk about a trade. I was looking at that same bike you have!

Contact me soon!

Rob

Have you had any movement on your bike.  I have an 01 my daughter left with me.  Too old for the connie.
email me as I am not good a cking this site.  alitlfn@itstriangle.com  What do you want for your bike.  Russ  406-292-3524

It can be done! 
I did this same post 2 years ago and was able to trade for another connie.  I'm from Vermont and they were from Oklahoma.  We met in Ohio and sealed the deal!  Good luck.