• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Trip through northern Michigan: East to West, suggestions?

bikergofast

Tricycle
I will be entering Soo Michigan sometime midday June 29th, travelling toward Minneapolis. I don't have to be in Minneapolis until Friday 30th.  I'm using Airbnb to find rooms, can anyone recommend a leisurely route and/or nice places to stay?

Can't say much about rooms but if you take 28 west from 75 to 77 up to Grand Marais.
Stop at Lake Superior Brewing for lunch. Then take H-58 Thur the park to Munising and
rejoin 28. If you have time take 41 North to L'Anse & Baraga then 38 to Ontonagon.
It's the U.P. so watch for deer and bears.

The "Tunnel of Trees" is not to be missed. It's MI 119 along the northwestern shore between Harbor Springs and Cross Village.

Cross Village is home to the historic and eclectic Leggs Inn. Great northern European food.

We stayed at The Coach House Motel, just off I-75 at Indian River. Currently $65 for a single. We had ridden up the East side to the impessive lighthouse at Presque Isle, the cut across to Indian River. Great ride.

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore By Munising was nice.  There is a cool bar I believe in Barbeau, $1 shots every time a ship goes by and blows its horn.  Not sure of the town, but I believe it was on S Scenic drive.  Houghton is a fun town on your way up to Copper Harbor.  I enjoy the 15 miles of road going into Copper Harbor.  There is a great fudge place in copper harbor. Yummy maple fudge.  Then go on Brockway Mountain Dr.  Right in that same area I usually get a photo at the Gay bar and grill in Gay, Michigan.  I am in Hudson Wis. and could show you nice back roads in my neck of the woods too. Hudson is about 35 miles east of Minneapolis, right off 94.