• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Triumph Sprint ST

silver wolf

OK folks if I get another bike to add to my stable besides my new 09 KLR650 I was thinking about adding the Triumph Sprint ST once I get my accident settlement as I want to maybe pay it off in full or at least put 1/2 the selling price down as a down payment on it. I was maybe thinking of getting the ABS model even though the non ABS would be fine as I've never owned a bike with ABS. would it be worth getting ABS as every road trip I go on it rains & they say ABS is a good thing to have if U ride in the rain a lot like I do & would U buy a ABS model bike if U could??? could I get the pros & cons from anyone that has or still owns one as the nice thing about it for me is it only weighs about 40lbs more than my 09 KLR650 & weight is an issue for me physically & why I sold my 02 C10 last spring, but I've been working on that. I'd like to know everything about them as this would be the 2nd time in my life that I ever decided to buy a bike that wasn't a Kawasaki as the only other bike I ever owned was a Honda 250 Enduro back in the mid 80's & that bike was a blast & why I brought my 09 KLR650 as I missed playing in the woods when I wanted to!!! Please give me anything & everything on the bike like handling, service intervals & cost, problems, things U changed to make the bike better for U, & if U did own one would U get another one if U could??? it's a very very sharp looking bike IMHO & it weighs a whole lot less than all the other Sport Tour bikes on the market 2day, which I like. yes yes I know it is chain drive & it has less power than all the other ST's & that's OK with me as I don't need all that they have to offer. ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

Send an email to Mike Flynn. He is a NY AAD and I think he has one of these bikes. IIRC, he is not very happy with it right now. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

OK this is going to cause my brain to melt down OK OK I know what brain on deciding on what bike to add to the stable to sit next to my 09 KLR650 in the future as there R so many bikes I like & not enough money to get them all, which sucks as I'd have a bike for everyday if I could. as I was surfing the web 2day I came across the new Buell XB12XT Adventure Sport Touring bike & even though it may not be as fast or sexy as my friend says the Triumph Sprint ST is & the fact he said he wouldn't buy American junk I really like it. OK Mike & Steve from NY where R U guys & could U give me some info on these bikes when U get a chance Please. I know the wind & weather protection is not there like my old 02-C10, but what a versital bike the XB12XT is. ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

I test rode one at Americade 2 years ago. I liked the power and the unique compromise of a 3 cylinder (between a twin and an inline 4). The only thing I didn't like was the bars were way too low for me and my back issues. Probably easily fixed with risers or different bars. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

well I went to the dealer Wednesday & had a good look at the Buell XB12XT & a very nice bike. maybe not as sleek & fast as the other ST's, but I do like what it has to offer. they said I could come down to test ride one, but it's a tad bit cold for me & my arm is still not up to it yet & when it warms up I'm going for a ride on one. I guess when I decide to get another bike I'll just put all the names of the bikes that I like on a wall, close my eyes & throw a dart & let fate decide. ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

Hey Karl , you met my friend Dave at the house when John dropped by last spring for 'coffee'. He has a Sprint that he had shipped to Washington then rode cross-country last summer. About 20k on it and no problems. He was up at the Maine fall rally also, went riding with John McClean through Acadia. Call me or write and I can give you his contact info.

Well I did it as I was out looking at bikes this past Saturday with no intension of buying anything & I found a 09 Black Sprint ST w/ ABS & it is such a hot & sexy looking bike & I put a deposit on it so no one else could get it!!!:) I'm getting it with heated grips, taller windscreen, heated gear plugs mounted on the left side under the seat w/ the controlers mounted on the inner fairing next to the heated grip switch, frame sliders, & the Throttlemister Throttle lock in black of course. I'm not going to pick it up until after the COG National in June as I'm taking my 09 KLR650 down there as I have to get rid of some junk out of the storage unit 1st to put it in there next to my KLR!!! ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

Good luck with the new Sprint ST. I admire that bike as well. There are several Triumphs that have always held my attention...the Thruxton is at the top of my list.I would love to have one for around town riding. The Sprint should be a good versatile bike for you. Give us an update after you have had it awhile. Ride safe. '02 Connie COG # 6662 Dallas, Tx

hey that Thruxton looks like a fun bike to ride if I was lookin for a naked bike & the scrambler looks like it'd be fun on the fire roads!!! 2 days & a wake up until I pick it up!!! ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down

There's only one word that describes my 1st day on my new 09 Sprint ST Friday which I did 130 miles on & that is AWESOME!!!!!!! 2morrow I'm going to take it to the doctors & then take it out for another ride only longer!!!!!!! ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It & May U Always Keep The Rubber Side Down