• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Turn signal/hazard flasher

silverfoxxx

Hers my problem. Turn signals do not blink nor hazard blink. 1694702976235.jpeg1694702976235.jpegThis is what I have on my bike. This is where the relay is supposed to be located. Clearly a picture of a relay in the service manual. Anyone have any ideas where the relay may be when not where manual showed?

Hers my problem. Turn signals do not blink nor hazard blink. View attachment 36898View attachment 36898This is what I have on my bike. This is where the relay is supposed to be located. Clearly a picture of a relay in the service manual. Anyone have any ideas where the relay may be when not where manual showed?
It's been awhile since I did mine....but....at first glance it looks like someone replaced the turn signals with LED bulbs and then had to replace the electro-mechanical blinker with a solid state unit to prevent the rapid blinking. See if you can push the outer protection sleeve back to see the colors of the wires going in to the white connector. Obviously black and red (2) on this side but the other side should have three (3)wires....black with yellow stripe, orange with green stripe, and orange. (yes, it's a 3 into 2 connection when replacing with solid state blinker as I recall) If those wire colors are there then than black box looking thing on the end of the red and black wires is your new blinker relay. It has either malfunctioned or there is another problem with the circuit...I'd check the fuses: turn signal relay fuse and KIPASS signal relay fuse.

Then again I could be full of ......well let's just call it gas for now...

It's been awhile since I did mine....but....at first glance it looks like someone replaced the turn signals with LED bulbs and then had to replace the electro-mechanical blinker with a solid state unit to prevent the rapid blinking. See if you can push the outer protection sleeve back to see the colors of the wires going in to the white connector. Obviously black and red (2) on this side but the other side should have three (3)wires....black with yellow stripe, orange with green stripe, and orange. (yes, it's a 3 into 2 connection when replacing with solid state blinker as I recall) If those wire colors are there then than black box looking thing on the end of the red and black wires is your new blinker relay. It has either malfunctioned or there is another problem with the circuit...I'd check the fuses: turn signal relay fuse and KIPASS signal relay fuse.

Thanks very much. I did replace the original with gixerhp switchback system with LED. My memory leaks and I have no idea if I replaced the original with this. This thing does not budge trying to move. I’ll disconnect and check the wiring. Again thanks. It did set out uncovered during an all night monsoon at the RWTW. Hope just some dampness. Again thanks.

Liquid gas lol