• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Two Brothers slip on. Is it truly bolt on?

mcgyver74

Was thinking about one after hearing the really sweet note it had this past weekend (I know I know...I was vehemently against louder pipes...but after 2k miles behind this I really liked the sound :) )

My question is, if I get this pipe, do I have to have a re-flash done or install a PC? or can I just bolt it on and go?

Thanks

It's just a slip on can, you shouldn't need to do any tuning or pcm flashing at all.  If you have a custom tune already, you may want to tweek it, but so long as you don't pull your cat's you fine.

No map needed for just a slip-on.

You should also look at the Muzzys slip-on too Marc, I like them better than the 2bros...

Don't listen to Bob, he has bike envy  :p  It is truly bolt on, mine went on without a problem and didn't need to do anything else.  The bike runs great just remember to buy the drop in power cone to reduce the sound level just a bit.  I ran without it and I could hear the engine when riding on the highway.  Not too loud but I like it quieter so I can hear my tunes.

I got the carbon Leo Vince slipon. Dropped about 11 lbs from the stocker. Comes already with the insert and sounds great both ways. I like the sound without it, but just prefer it in. I've done about 1,000 miles both ways.
Definitely not as loud as any 2Bro exhaust I've ever heard.

Hmm, that may be an option as I prefer quiet but still want a better sound then the "angry wasp" sound of the stocker :)

Of course if money allows, I would buy the Muzzy's dual exhaust setup in a hearbeat,  I LOVE the look of dual cans (Sadly I cannot afford that)

The slip on is bolt on. If it takes more than ten minutes you have had too many beers!  If you want it a little quieter use the insert - offers nice growl without excessive loudness.