• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Up Grade of the Back protector that came with the Jacket

ratherberiding

I know it will be a personal preference as to what works best , but has anyone replaced the back foam that Joe Rocket puts in their jackets with a slip in the pocket version that offers better protection ? Thanks!

Nope.

Felt bad this post had been sitting so long with no replies. Since we are both in the Northeast area felt a responsibility to at least post a reply. lol :motonoises:

My apologies as well. I don't know why I didn't see this thread sooner. Anyway, I haven't heard of folks replacing the  back protector in the jacket with another internal protector. But I suppose it could be done. But I have heard of folks using better under the jacket protectors instead. I have considered doing that myself. But honestly haven't gotten around to really checking into it. Here's a link to another thread that was about going that route.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,32013.15.html

Maybe cause the question was Joe Rocket specific.  -- I have FirstGear jackets and especially with the Mesh Jacket I was not too impressed with that thin piece of foam that comes in there ( 2005 model ) got years ago. So I purchased a second piece and doubled up the foam in the back. I found ones that were FG specific in shape. It has not impacted the way the jacket feels standing around. When riding it stretches a little tighter across the back. That did not impact the way it feels for my me and how my jacket fits me. But see it when I see pictures taken of me riding, you can tell there is extra back there. When leaning back against something I can tell, at first this was strange but got used to it. Overall its been years now since I have done this and I am completely used to it. I would go it again. Cost was low, impact was low IMO, piece of mind is higher.

Sloooow moooving thread.  ;D

I have removed cushy foam back  "protectors" and replaced them with denser stuff. I use a lot of foam for various purposes, so I just traced the original foam onto a sheet of spend-all-day-standing-up type stuff. I've also added extra to elbows and shoulders.

Steve