• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Upcoming Western Oregon events

stevem

Just a heads up - I am hosting two events over the next couple of months, a tech session on May 18th and my annual Coast Range Ramble on June 15th. Details are on the calendar of events. Sorry I didn't get these posted in time to make the latest NW COG newsletter.

FYI  It wasn't Steve's fault that the posting was late.
Both AD and AAD both knew of this weeks ago. I apologize for my lack of computer skills on this.

If anyone wants to observe a valve adjust on a C10, I'll be doing one on mine at Steve's wrench session.

Steve,
did you get the message on sidewinder sprockets.  look for the Ti-II and 16K smartchain.  and a scotoiler.  - one of the reasons i picked up my used C10 was no  more messy dirty maintenance intensive final drive. (at least i hope the C10 final drive isn't maintenance intensive).
-Brian

Brian,
    Yup, I got your message. Sounds like the way to go once my current chain and sprockets wear out.
    Hope to see you for the tech session, Coast ride, or both.
Steve

Brian,

On the topic of C-10 final drives, I've owned three (still have #2 and #3) and have put about 250,000 miles on them. Now I know good and well that I should have done this more often but I change the gear oil at least every 50K but have only pulled the splined drive shaft to grease it once! Now that you have reminded me, I'll probably do it to both of my bikes this summer. LOL I have heard of one seal failure/oil loss on the diff but have never experianced it myself. So, yes the final drives are pretty maintenance free. ESPECIALLY compared to chain drives. Steve knows this all too well. LOL

Dan S.