• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Utah COG'ers Attending the 2014 SW Spring Rally

Hello Utah COG'ers and anyone willing to jump on the Utah train to Prescott.  Current plan is as follows:

Depart Wednesday, May 28th at 8am from Sandy, UT.  We'll be taking 89 South all the way to Kanab where we'll stay the night (or forge ahead if you like).  Two of us (min.) are staying at Aikens Lodge in Kanab (79 W Center St, Kanab, UT 84741 Phone:(435) 644-2625).  They are currently closed until April 1st, but you can still reserve a room online for around $77 a night.  Aikens Lodge is "Americana" at it's finest. :)

Depart Thursday, May 29th in the morning from Kanab to Prescott where we'll arrive at Rally Central in the afternoon the day before the official start of the rally.

Return Trip - Depart Prescott on Sunday (time TBD), stay night in Kanab (Aikens Lodge again) and return to SLC on Monday.

Here's a Google Map of our route...
http://tinyurl.com/lt9lmtp

If you are wanting to ride with us, please let me know here on the board.  If you are going to the rally but not leaving until Thursday, feel free to coordinate here on this thread as well.  We'll just need to be specific on our posts which group we are with and/or referring to (Wednesday or Thursday Group).

Thanks!

Mike Burkey
Utah SW AAD
mburkey4@yahoo.com
801-918-1897

Stubby said:
Mike I plan on leaving Wed ride down with you return as of yet to be determined?

Dave

Hey Dave, it's only the time we leave on Sunday that has yet to be determined. Since I plan on staying the night in Kanab on the way back and it's only 300 miles from Prescott, might have a later departure time....?  Was just playing it by ear, waiting to see who was riding back together and what everyone felt like doing.  :)

Or are you saying that you're return has yet to be determined?

Mike

Both.... work may get in the way and I might have to slab it back home by Sunday night? Just not sure yet. Glad you twisted my arm to leave wed.  :))

Wow I know 89 that way was having problems but not 89a , what route are you planning on taking? I was hoping to catch up with you guys in kanab and head down if it's ok?

scooter said:
what route are you planning on taking? I was hoping to catch up with you guys in kanab and head down if it's ok?

That's fine Scott.  We'll probably be leaving Kanab around 8-9am on Thursday morning. The route is linked in the first post in this thread.

Mike

Currently we have 46 registrants for this rally. Should be a fantastic time with amazing riding.

I'd like the Utah contingent to make a nice showing.  So far I know of 6 of us going.  We have a group of us departing Wednesday morning and TDCog will be leaving "early" on Friday and running a straight through route all the way to Prescott ( http://goo.gl/maps/8UHSj ) and is willing to have others join him.  Feel free to post your travel plans here and maybe hook up with others if you so choose.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike looking forward to riding down. So are we having a tech day ( for those that are interested ) before the Rally? I still have my place reserved.

Closing in on the event here.  Leaving Wasatch Front on Wednesday before rally.  Staying Wed. night in Kanab.  Leaving Kanab Thursday morning and we will have a departure time as we are meeting Bradman in Tuba City at 11:30am.  Will arrive in Prescott early afternoon on Thursday.

So far we have myself, KP, and Lords leaving Sandy.  Picking up Stubby at entrance to Spanish Fork Canyon.  Scooter is suppose to jump on at Kanab.  Bradman at Tuba City.  Any changes to this???  If so, let me know.  Always room on the train for more.  :motonoises:

See you soon,
Mike

MikeB said:
Closing in on the event here.  Leaving Wasatch Front on Wednesday before rally.  Staying Wed. night in Kanab.  Leaving Kanab Thursday morning and we will have a departure time as we are meeting Bradman in Tuba City at 11:30am.  Will arrive in Prescott early afternoon on Thursday.

So far we have myself, KP, and Lords leaving Sandy.  Picking up Stubby at entrance to Spanish Fork Canyon.  Scooter is suppose to jump on at Kanab.  Bradman at Tuba City.  Any changes to this???  If so, let me know.  Always room on the train for more.  :motonoises:

See you soon,
Mike
Toot Toot.