• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Utah COG'ers Tech Day/BBQ

It has been decided that we should have our Tech Day/BBQ before leaving for the Prescott Rally.  The question is....what day exactly?  If you would like to attend, please start the discussion here.  Depending on the type of work you plan on doing, probably best to do it at least a week or two before leaving for the rally so that anything that might need re-addressing can be taken care of in time for said rally.

Dave has volunteered his place.  He says he pretty much has two of everything and his garage is a palace, I've seen it.  Dave, please respond here with any limitations you may have about what kind of work can be done.  I'm sorry, I can't remember if you said that you could do tires or not.

Anyway, I'll have to see what OMC can do in the way BBQ support, we all may just have to bring an item or two. 

What say all of you?!!  You're hungry...I know that much.  :beerchug:

Mike

Awesome. OMC's in but I know how Dave eats.  :) Let's talk Mike B. Great.  :beerchug:

Hey OMC I will have you know I'm trying to get into a two piece  for Summer so there!  >:D
Mike I can't do tires yet ( I'm working that way but not this summer ). I do have enough tools to allow a few bikes to be worked on at a time, a TV with Fred's DVD's and a small fridge for anything you might want to put in it?  :beerchug:

The two weekends I can not do are Apr. 26 and May 3rd ( both Saturdays ) other than that I am open to all dates Sat or Sundays. I have the means to cook outside and a secluded backyard so come on over. Mike call or text me if you have other questions.

Dave

Stubby said:
Hey OMC I will have you know I'm trying to get into a two piece  for Summer so there!  >:D
Mike I can't do tires yet ( I'm working that way but not this summer ). I do have enough tools to allow a few bikes to be worked on at a time, a TV with Fred's DVD's and a small fridge for anything you might want to put in it?  :beerchug:

The two weekends I can not do are Apr. 26 and May 3rd ( both Saturdays ) other than that I am open to all dates Sat or Sundays. I have the means to cook outside and a secluded backyard so come on over. Mike call or text me if you have other questions.

Dave
Mike, I need photo proof of Dave in a 2 piece. Just for the archives.

Yea lets do it . Just let me know . No I wont make you guys help on a ahamay . But I can assist others . Let me know what I need to bring. Of course I"ll have liquids .

Mike I am good with both dates both days. Looking forward to some fun, a little work and some good food.

Dave

BTW Everyone,  Dave's place is in Orem.  So we'll be holding it there.  Still looking for input on the date.  A few more days and I guess I'll have to make an executive decision.  :nananana:

Mike

A side note Mike if anyone coming has over 15K miles on your bike and has not done an air filter change this might be a good time. I did mine this Spring and it was pretty dirty kind of surprised me.

I'll not be heading to Prescott, but I'd enjoy a BBQ/wrenching day.  I know my bikes previous owner wasn't much of a maintenance freak, and I've put on nearly 10K since buying the bike without doing a whole lot.  I know I'm overdue for a number of items.  I've got a lot to learn; whether actual work is done on the bike or just receiving some pointer, I would hope to know more about my bike after leaving next month's get together. 

MikeB, please keep us/me updated on the planning.

TinDog

Alrighty Gents,

We got'er worked out.  Here's the info...

Utah Tech Day/BBQ
Saturday, May 10th
11:00am
Orem, UT

Plan is....show up, get to work on the bikes for an hour or two and then break out the grub.  I will be sending out an email with Dave's exact address, so keep an eye open.  If you'd like, you can ping me here for it and I'll PM it to you.  I have received a fair amount of replies to my email from members I have yet to meet.  Looking forward to meeting you folks and as many more as possible!

Also, I'd love to an idea on how many folks are coming as this helps with knowing how much food to prepare.  So, if you would please, respond here in this thread and let me know if you're planning on attending.

Thanks!

Mike
UT AAD

Stubby said:
Hey guys PM me if you want my phone# and any extra info I can help you with.

Dave
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... My mind is awhirl  :) Great Job UT.  :great: :beerchug: Mike, Dave, Let me know how you want me/us to support.

Hey OMC stop by I got a KX500 you can run down the street just bring some extra shorts....LOL :-\
Still the hardest running bike I have ever been on.

Stubby said:
Hey OMC stop by I got a KX500 you can run down the street just bring some extra shorts....LOL :-\
Still the hardest running bike I have ever been on.
Yeah, Them babies were hard hitters. Loved running past them on the XR600 as they were seizing up on the lake bed though  :) Had a buddy of mine that could wheelie that monster from one end of Soggy dry to the other tapped out in 5th. God Speed Danny Hamel. GOAT. :great:

Hi all, to those that are coming  to the BBQ/tech day here is a little info. I have two driveways at my little house use the one on the Westside ( I will have it marked with an arrow ) that will head you into the backyard ( must go through a gate ) to were we will be. After talking to Mike we will be having a double smoked ham for sandwiches ( I will be smoking the ham ) plus the sides you guys bring.

I have containers for oil changes but not a way to haul it away. I will have buckets/soap/hoses for washes if you need them?

Hope to see you there Sat.

PS.... I think Mike is sending out an email with info on it too?

Dave

I've got the 10th circled on my calendar and plan on making a day of it.  I'm watching the weather now as most of the week is forecast to to be somewhat wet.  I'm not sure what project is practical for a backyard 50 miles from home, but I'll figure out something.

2005 C10

TinDog

Awesome TD...and thanks for letting us know, look forward to seeing you there!

Remember folks, if you are coming.....bring a side of something to go with the smoked ham that Dave's been so gracious to prepare for us.  Our fearless leader, OMC, has been kind enough to sponsor a drawing and giveaway, so in addition to great food, drinks, company and bench racing....there will be some fabulous door prizes!  :great:

Looking forward to it!

Mike

The weather forecasts are beginning to look spotty for this weekend.  Is this a rain-or-shine type of thingy, or is there a Plan B?

Well for me I'll be cooking and some wrenching either way. If you want pm me and I'll send you my. Cell in case you want to call.

TinDog said:
The weather forecasts are beginning to look spotty for this weekend.  Is this a rain-or-shine type of thingy, or is there a Plan B?

Rain or shine.  The forecast right this minute is for 65 and mostly cloudy with rain on Friday and Sunday.  Dave's got plenty of covered space from what I hear. :)

Mike

Well the weather held out for the most part and some wrenching was done along with some food and trip planning. Met new people and said hi again to others.
L-R John, David and Terry
i-bv3tj3M-M.jpg

Mike, John and David working on a speedo cable swap
i-VsTSHQ6-M.jpg

Me finishing up power/GPS routing
i-GGsTQpj-M.jpg

i-pbFcBS4-M.jpg

Terry finishing up a powerlet install  ( there's a story behind this one )

i-HR2b3JG-M.jpg

i-KsFgfDP-M.jpg

Food and the garage mascot

i-M5hC3Gq-M.jpg

Mike at his best

i-S933LQ8-M.jpg

Mikes new friend

i-jrdg3sM-M.jpg

Not a bad day we just need to work on Mike's wrenching duties...LOL...

Awesome Job Utah SWCOG. Looking forward to Terry's powerlet story. Forward me 2 or 3 of your best pics with cations and I'll send over to Bill to get in the Conc. He'll make ya famous (Daves already famous).  :great: :beerchug:

Hey now, Mike has magic hands that prevented the removal of the entire C10 fairing.  Those magic hands deserved a beer....or two...........or more.

:beer:

Mike

P.S.  Thanks for posting the pics Dave.....and Max is my new buddy. :)