• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

VA Brrrrrrrrrrr Ride Natural Bridge, VA 08-10 NOV 2013

KLRIDER

Hey Coggers and Coggettes, check your mirrors. The annual Brrrrrrr Ride is coming up on us FAST. Got your stuff ready for this fun weekend?

Details are at:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=182973&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D11%2D29%27%7D

Lunch for the street ride will be at the Swinging Bridge Restaurant at Paint Bank, VA, while those enjoying the dual sport ride will have lunch in Goshen, VA.

I am presently checking on Buckwheats availability at Blue Grass for Sunday 10 November.......Probably will happen but stay tuned.

Hope to see you soon!  :great:

The word I just got from the Highland County Chamber of Commerce is that the Buckwheat feed is ON for Sunday 10 November at the Ruritan Club building in Blue Grass, VA.  :great:

excellent news about the buckwheat cakes. I missed them last year.

I've got 3 riders coming with me from Johnstown. Staying at the Budget motel behind the Pink Caddy.

Of course snow on the Mountain could keep us in the barn!

jason

Roger, Roger's Friend, Roger's Friend's Close Personal Buddy and our Well-Known Compatriot "Boosthound" are all IN for this ride!!
:beerchug:

What Dusty said!

I'm planning on heading out early Friday, 8 Nov 2013.

Pat, Dusty, or anyone else, if that coincides with your schedule, I'd be happy to join y'all for the ride down.

Looking forward to it.

Paul V.

weathers looking dry! Looks like we'll be able to get off the Mountain Friday morning.............

Hope to be there before the sun sets.

jason

Look for two frosted Canadians Friday night. Yes, Brian and I are doing a two day ride down.
The Kabins are booked up, so we'll be behind the Pink Cadillac.

gsjay said:
weathers looking dry! Looks like we'll be able to get off the Mountain Friday morning.............

Hope to be there before the sun sets.

jason

The weather man is playing tricks on me! Rain & Snow showers over night! Might have to push back departure time..............
jason

conando said:
Look for two frosted Canadians Friday night. Yes, Brian and I are doing a two day ride down.
The Kabins are booked up, so we'll be behind the Pink Cadillac.

Canadians!!  They may be slightly out of season but they're still the best!

Finishing up packing now, had a busy week so it's last minute.  Tom should be over in an hour or so for some coffee then it's off to the Goat Trails!  I'm getting soft on this cabin stuff, so much less crap to pack.

Wow, another GREAT weekend in Natural Bridge!

Get to see everyone as usual but the highlight of the weekend has to be the fantastic riding that is available in the region!

We road all day Saturday, never more than 75 miles from NB and had a great day! The scenery is beautiful this time of year, the low in the sky.............

Also had a great ride home today. Bright blue sky's until we passed Canaan Valley, then the clouds rolled in and the temps plummeted! Had to lose 20 degrees!

Great weekend putting the finishing touches on a great year of Riding!
See youn's in the Spring.
Jason

Got home about an hour ago, long day.  Good thing Tom has run flats on the Wee, ended up adding one more plug and he rolled into the drive way at 20psi.

Had a great time as usual, weather was absolutely perfect.  Only 6 tip overs between 3 Stroms, definitely a record for us.

Thanks again Pat, we had an awesome time!

Beautiful weather. Finally made it to Blue Grass for breakfast. VA is a beautiful place with great motorcycle roads. We are blessed!!

Indeed we are, Tim! So much great riding so close by.

That "road" we turned around on  :eek:  will be fixed after January, so 2014 Brrrrrr will see a return to Boblett's Gap! Not sure about route 611 though, that was Nasty! We'll find another way, no problem.

The wind really picked up as we crossed into Blue Grass valley, but that made the buckwheats even better.

That little sharp wire with a capacitor(?) in my tire was removed at home, no leaks, it wasn't deeper than the knob. The Heidy knobby saved the day!

Hope that Brian and John got safely back to the Great White North, and everyone else scooted home safely.

Tommy, u r HARD on that Wee Strom! But good that you missed on the vertical 8-10 split of parked bikes.  :-\

Roger, maybe the Multistrada?? It could be to calling me.....................

Thanks to everyone who attended, it was good to see you all. It was about a perfect Brrrrrrrrrrrrr Ride.

See some of you on 15 December in WmsBurg.  :great:

Thanks for putting this together, Pat.  Had a great time on my first Brrrr ride, aptly named for Saturday morning.  Tried the Buffulo Burger in Piant Bank (meh), then met up with everyone in Natural Bridge Saturday night.  Good time arounf the campfire, and very enjoyable listening to Tommy and Dusty rave about Roger's route choice's.  Rode back with Pat from Blue Grass, until we, somehow, got seperated.  :truce:  Hope to see everyone at Williamsburg. 

Thanks again Pat for organizing another great Brrr Ride. The riding and weather couldn't have been much better for this time of year. It was great seeing our American friends again.

I hope Russell made it home safely with that bad rear tire. No one could figure out what was causing the pressure loss.

Brian and I spent the last two hours in light rain, and the temperature had dropped to 37 F as I rolled in. Snow started falling a half hour later at 3:00pm.

It was much fun riding/eating/poking fires with you all.

:motonoises:    :coffee2:  :campfire:

Nice pix, Brian.

Blue Grass, VA is to get ~ 4" snow today. We lucked out getting this ride in!  :great:

Made it home safe Sunday with the slow leak in the rear tire. Got home early from work today and pulled the wheel and found the leak and plugged the hole and ready to ride again.

Russell W Fleming said:
Made it home safe Sunday with the slow leak in the rear tire. Got home early from work today and pulled the wheel and found the leak and plugged the hole and ready to ride again.

Was it black nail or a small open puncture?