• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Victory Cross Country

roman

Training Wheels
We are looking at buying a new bike and have seen the Victory Cross Country on several web sites. Has anyone seen one live yet? Better yet, Has anyone ridden one? The local Victory dealer already has a large waiting list for this bike. From all I have read it looks like a real nice ride! 2001 Concours California COG #8642

They do look like nice bikes. I think they are scheduled for delivery to dealers later this year or maybe Spring '10. The Cross Country got a nice write up in Motorcyclist and Cycle World. '02 Connie COG # 6662 Dallas, Tx

Cross-Country. Damn, I was hoping for a dual-sport :( Maybe next year.... http://millerized.com/pegs I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g
member8960.png

I've seen them & sat on both the Cross Roads & the Cross Country & if I was ever going to get a big heavy cruiser for myself that has tunes to listen to while I'm riding I would buy the CROSS COUNTRY... Victory sent me a DVD on them both & the Cross Country would work for me w/out all the other stuff that the Vision has to offer since I ride solo all the time & don't need a bike like the Vision... Brett w/ the lower center of gravity & seat height of the Victory's even at 200lbs more they would feel lighter at lower speeds than either the C10 or the C14 & R very nimble due to inverted forks & U can lean them over quite a bit w/out worrying about hitting the floor boards or the exhaust pipes... Oh ya & after C'ing the video on the Victory's & how they're made I'd buy them be4 I'd get an HD Road Glide or Street Glide... ----------------------------- Easy Does It, But Do It 09 Triumph Sprint ST aka The Phantom

We were finally able to see the Cross bikes live. They are nice bikes and well built. I think Victory has winners here. After a close look at the Cross Country and the Vision, It looks like the wife and I are leaning towards the Vision next year (once wife goes back to work) :) By the time we added all we want to the Cross Country we were at the same price as the Vision and still did not have all the Vision has. I am keeping my C10 as I love riding it solo and commuting to work. (and it is my first bike) But for the long distance cruising we want to do it looks like the Vision will be the winner. 2001 Concours California COG #8642

My wife and I rode the Cross Country at Jones Power Sports in Columbia Mo last month during a Demo Day. The bike was definately nice, but I noticed buffetting at highway speeds with the windsheild up, my buddy, a little shorter did not notice it at all. I'm 5'10, he's about 5'8. My wife loved the ride and the comfort, me-not so much. When she boarded she really had a lot of leverage and it was tough to hold the bike up while she boarded. I have read a few other reviews commenting on it being difficult to get the bike up when fully loaded (from the stand-not the ground). Speaking of fully loaded, the side bags LOOK huge, but the shape does not lend to a lot of cargo. I rode the Kingpin, Jackpot, a Hammer, and the Cross Country that day. The Jackpot (set up for touring) was my favorite, enough room for two and not so big as I would not want to ride it by myself. Just my .02, not specifically what you were asking, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

My buddy had a Cross Country delivered two weeks ago. It's beautiful! I have a 1G Connie and a Roadliner, and if I wanted another cruiser, the X-Country would be at or near the top of my list. Victory is doing great things with stylin' their bikes. I think the Motor Co. should be worried, just a little . . .

With a low center of gravity and a 25" seat height I would think it would not feel as heavy as my c14 with a 32 inch seat height and high center of gravity. What do you think? Reed