• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Video Mount

Connieman09

Just purchased a small video camera and would like to mount it to the '03 C-10. My preference is to cut a 22.5 degree block and Velcro the block to the bike...the camera to the block. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions? Peter Stevenson COG 1940

Murph's sells an adapter to use with the ram system to mount in the unused mirror mount holes on the bars. I mounted a Canon digital vid camera one mine. The vid came out even better than I thought. No visible vibration in picture other than bumps in road that will show no matter where it is mounted. I used a 3 inch extension mount from ram between the camera and the bar so it would "see" past the fairing. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Thanks... Just ordered a Sticky Pod Triangle to mount the camera to the side of the fairing. It will also give me the option of a rear facing mount - just for additional yucks! Check it out @: http://www.stickypod.com/car_camera_mount.html

Can you provide some specific info about the Ram mount parts from Murph's? (e.g. part numbers)....I looked at his stuff and didn't see anything that would specifically handle a cam mount. For me I've been using a frugal suction cup with a long bendable arm...originally intended for a GPS mount in a car, but I picked it up for a few bucks at a discount store. I was able to kludge something together to hold my inexpensive video cam in there but it's far from perfrect.

Pat, I took the mirror hole adapter that Murph sells and got a standard Ram ball mount stud that screws into the hole in the adapter. Used a 1-1/2" ram arm with a ram ball that had a flat plate attached. Drill a hole in the plate to fit the stud hole in my cannon digital vid camera. 1/4" believe. Mounted the mirror stud adapter on the right bar next to the grip. If you look closely you will see a plug where a mirror would mount on a different bike using the same controls. I also put a stainless Allen head bolt in the left mirror hole to make a helmet hanger. Brake caliper mount bolts work great for this. just type "ram" in the search at murphs ans you will see the stuff you need. ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife Why is it that for evey 1 "making Bacon" there are 20 people eating the fat?

Ahhh...it's the "flat plate" part that I was missing. Sounds like a good simple way to do it. You're correct, the standard tripod mount hole is 1/4" x 20. Time to go order from Murph! Thanks for the help.