• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vista Cruise Install??

I Bought the vista cruise for Kawasaki 2 throttle cables and cant for the life of me figure out how to mount it. Can anyone help??? THANKS

Here's one way to do it.. http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=42284.0 I, on the other hand, used Gorilla Glue on the bottom half ( where the metal tab is in the pix)..just trim all the tabs off, if necessary... . When you peel the grip back, you'll see a "ridge" up close to the throttle housing...this has to be ground down smooth ,before fitting the part around the throttle tube.

This will not work on the C-10 as it doesn't have the cables coming out the bottom of the housing. I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the housing and grinding the ears off and just using a screw.

Yes it will work on the C10..I did it on my C10..trim the ears off and glue (or use a screw)the bottom half to the housing..Look at it closely, you may be able to glue those ears to the housing..will depend on the orientation of the "thumb" part.

Hi Seth, I sent you a private e-mail with the information and the attached image, but I thought others might find this helpful too. For those doing the install, just be careful that the screw you use to mount the bracket to the throttle housing does not penetrate too far into the throttle housing. Also, this is a standard Vista Cruise with no cables.
232323232%7Ffp53684%3Enu%3D32%3B6%3E762%3E454%3EWSNRCG%3D324749%3B473337nu0mrj
Mark Hejtmanek 1999 Concours "Margo" Candy Amarinth Red COG#8298 CDA#271 Colorado Springs, CO

Railroad---if you're still interested in putting Vista cruise on, and need help, I could take pix of mine tomorrow for ya...A picture really IS worth a 1000 words!! At least for me..I put one of these on my '03 Concours, and I put one on my current Concours as well..REALLY nice when out on the Interstate!!! Lemme know.........Rodger

Hi Rodger, I installed a standard version with no cables and posted the pic in my earlier post. I'd like to see what the install looks like with the cables, so if you don't mind I'd like to see how you did that too. Thanks!

I've used Silicone Adhesive to attach the Vista Cruise to the switch housing for years. The advantage is it is easily removable if you need to do some maintenance inside the switch housing. The disadvantage is you have to wait overnight for the silicone to set up before you can ride your motor. Mike Aldea, COG-528 Charter Life AMA Hawthorne, NJ
2520423130102652906S200x200Q85.jpg
2710979210102652906GMlQTI_th.jpg

I bought one yesterday and was going to use glue on it but my mechanic seemed to think it was better to drill an oversized hole in the unit with a screw into the switch. He said they needed to float. If glue works I think I would rather do that. I take it there is no problem with it not floating?

Due to the way the hinge works, the top half needs to float, while the bottom half is secured - either with a screw as I did, or with adhesive as was described in another post. As you press down with your thumb, the device simply constricts the circumference of the circle surrounding the grip. If you glue both the top and the bottom to the throttle housing, you will not be able to shrink the circumference to provide friction on the throttle. I hope that helps.

That's exactly what I did. I couldn't find ANY glue that would stick to the throttle housing. A very short sheet metal screw works great. If you want, I'll send pix.

I put mine on today. Cut the lip off the vista, ground that lip off the existing throttle handle. Drilled and screwed it on. Seems to work fine.