• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff for 2019 OTP Traveler

Just Cliff

Hello COG World,

I’d like to start my pleading and begging for votes with an introduction. My name is Cliff Burnette and I have been a COG member since 2011. My wife is Jimmie, we live in central Arkansas. Many of you will know me from the S/E & N/C events I routinely attend. Not to mention I have attended every National rally since joining COG, except for 2018, a little Alaska trip interfered with that one. So I have met many of you at the Nationals. We will also be attending the 2019 National on the return a 10 day tour of the New England states. Some just know me from the forum because of my higher mileage C14.

If I have a claim to fame, provided that’s even a thing, I guess it would be a little regional rally we hold at my place every spring. It’s called Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous and this year will be #6. It has turned out to be a popular camping event in what was a non-camping region. It’s becoming one of the S/C largest events. This year may very well be represented by all 6 regions, a feat I’ll be proud of provided it happens.

Those that know me know I’m a fairly quiet guy. Some here even like to kid me about being a man of few words. Never the less I still enjoy meeting people from around the country and abroad. I just won’t talk your ear off. So to be upfront and brutally honest, my plea for votes may not be quite as out there as others. I don’t use Facebook, so you won’t see me there begging for your vote. Doesn’t mean I want it any less, because I truly do. That’s just who I am.

I never dreamed I would have this kind of opportunity…to fly out of the country and ride a motorcycle in the Alps is over the top for me. Still hasn’t completely sunk in yet. Not sure how it happened, but it did so I will seize the moment the best I can. This is a trip of a lifetime and I very much look forward to making some friends across the pond should I win the vote.

Reasons to vote for me: Have been a supporter of OTP for several years, donated cash and items for auction. Always have a 50/50 drawing at our rally with proceeds going to OTP. I have had the privilege of hosting the 2016 traveler as well. Host of regional rally, volunteer and help out at various events. Do whatever I can, whenever I can for other COG members.

All of the nominees are deserving and worthy of this nomination. I know or have met all but one of them.  Yes, it is hard running against people you consider friends. In this type of thing, I think you’ll be up against friends regardless.

No matter what the outcome may be, it is truly humbling and an honor to even be considered worthy for this amazing trip.

May the best man win!

Thank you for your consideration!

If comments equal votes I'm on a roll. I got 4 votes, yee haa!    :great:  :beerchug:

I'm just an easy going Pilgrim looking for a scooter ride.  :motonoises:

Vote people, who ever it may be for.

Boy that 'quiet' Cliff guy gets real chatty when there's motorcycle ridin' to be done in Europe!  ;)

Good Luck Cliff! 

Mcfly said:
Boy that 'quiet' Cliff guy gets real chatty when there's motorcycle ridin' to be done in Europe!  ;)

Good Luck Cliff!

Marty, you've been around me enough to know.

I normally don't walk around screaming either, but If I shut my hand in a car door, I gonna scream a lot.  So yea, I want this!  :)

Cliff, it's always fun to see  you whenever I attend a get together.  I'll gladly vote for  you. Maybe you'll get more talkative round the campfire after coming back.  :truce:

Always Young said:
Maybe you'll get more talkative round the campfire after coming back.
Cliff with OTP stories :great:.... I can't wait to hear them. :beerchug:

Well Cliff I'll be your Huckleberry.  You definitely get my vote and anyone that i might influence will get an ear full of what i think.  Good luck.  See you soon.

MotoCommuter said:
Gumby said:
Always Young said:
Maybe you'll get more talkative round the campfire after coming back.
Cliff with OTP stories :great:.... I can't wait to hear them. :beerchug:

They will be short stories......

They maybe short stories, but they'll be MY stories.  :nananana:  Look forward to telling them!  :motonoises:  :beerchug: :motonoises:  :beerchug: :motonoises: :beerchug: :motonoises: :beerchug: :motonoises: :beerchug:

Vote Cliff OTP traveler. Vote Cliff Otp Traveler. Vote Cliff Otp traveler. Vote Cliff OTP traveler. Vote Cliff OTP traveler. Vote Cliff OTP traveler. Vote Cliff OTP traveler.

Not So Wild Turkey said:
Well Cliff I'll be your Huckleberry.  You definitely get my vote and anyone that i might influence will get an ear full of what i think.  Good luck.  See you soon.

:great: :) :beerchug: :great: :) :beerchug: :great: :) :beerchug: :) :beerchug: :) :beerchug: :great: :) :beerchug: :great: :) :beerchug: :great: :) :beerchug:

Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote, Voote Cliff, Vote Cliff, Vote Cliff!

We have to be careful about getting Cliff to talk more. I  got him off of Bud Light and into Yuengling Black & Tan a few year back, and now have to bring an extra 12pk along to keep him happy. Anyway, he strolled  up to me at the Jennings track day and asked me about the riding in Europe.  He's got that aww  shucks thing down  pretty good, coolest hillbilly I've ever met. Told him as much as I could, and that the riding was right in his wheelhouse. Encouraged him to accept the nomination which was at the 11th hour for deadline. We're good buddies and frequent riding partners, and I still don't know how his brain works. I mean.....what was he waiting for? It's the trip of a lifetime indeed.

Ok, I'll ask the dumb question.  :-[ Where do you go to officially vote for Cliff? So far all I've seen is comments here in support of Cliff.  :)

type an email addresed to;
OTP.USA@cox.net
in that email, make sure you give your name, COG#, and following that say " I want to vote for MOB, Rich Riczinger, COG#5977 for OtP"

that is the secret code, for Cliff's votes... and open's a portal, after you hit send, that showers you with gold coins... Just like in Super Mario Brother's...

no, really.... I am not kidding...
do this... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :))

Always Young said:
Ok, I'll ask the dumb question.  :-[ Where do you go to officially vote for Cliff? So far all I've seen is comments here in support of Cliff.  :)
MAN OF BLUES said:
type an email addresed to;
OTP.USA@cox.net
in that email, make sure you give your name, COG#, and following that say " I want to vote for MOB, Rich Riczinger, COG#5977 for OtP"

that is the secret code, for Cliff's votes... and open's a portal, after you hit send, that showers you with gold coins... Just like in Super Mario Brother's...

no, really.... I am not kidding...
do this... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :))

Thank you Tom, Rich's info was partially correct just the wrong name of course. Send email to OTP.USA@cox.net your name & cog #, I vote for Cliff #9547.

His tactic does show signs of desperation & running scared. I like that he's showing some fear, gives me a vote of confidence!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

On the other hand I guess I should thank him for keeping me at the top where my post can be easily seen. Thanks Rich!  :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: