• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wanted: Widder Controller

I'm waiting for a response from the Iron Butt assoc. I guess they sell Widder products so if they have one of their controllers that will be the best way to go. Thanks , Mark

ChipDoc said:
I've got an Aerostich digital heat controller still in the bag.  Stumbled across it last night as I was looking for something else.  I got it for my kid, but he traded the bike before I could give it to him.  Sixty bucks in the Aerostich catalog.  It's designed for handgrips but is rated at 45 watts.  I'll take $35 shipped to lower 48.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-heated-handgrip-thermostat.html

These heat controllers work great.  I have one I used for several years on my Widder vest and gloves.  When I upgraded to Gerbings it sat in a drawer until I got my grip heaters.  Works great on the warm wrap grip heaters I put on my KLR.