• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wanted: Windshield assembly part for my 2008 C14

mitza

Tricycle
Hi there,

The stabilizer braket on my windshield assembly is broken. I very much would like o get only this part second hand, because the entire assembly costs around $550.

The part I need is the T-shaped slider that moves up and down and slides on the middle rail. Not sure I'm describing this correctly, so I uploaded a picture of the part I need. Hope it's useful.

If you have this part or a cheap full assembly, I would be very much interested in it.

Thanks!!!
M

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 102
If you have the kawi part number you could do an ebay search, lot's of wrecked Connies being parted out on there...

Thanks, ZG. They don't sell this part separately, so I will have to look for the whole windshield assembly.

M said:
Thanks, ZG. They don't sell this part separately, so I will have to look for the whole windshield assembly.

What's the Kawi part number for the whole assembly?

M said:
55036-0005 WINDSHIELD-ASSY

I didn't find anything with a ebay search but I'll try a couple other things and let you know if I find something... Have you already checked with cycle salvage yards?

Which part broke?  Mine broke at the bottom of the T and I made an improvement on the design.  I drilled through the very bottom, routed out a channel in the steel rail it rides on, put some bushings in there and viola!

ZG said:
Wow, lot's of bidders on that eh?  :eek:

So did you win it M??

I have indeed. Lots of money, but considering the new part would have been $550 + tax + shipping, it's still cheaper.

millsan1 said:
Which part broke?  Mine broke at the bottom of the T and I made an improvement on the design.  I drilled through the very bottom, routed out a channel in the steel rail it rides on, put some bushings in there and viola!

It's exactly what happened to mine. Lower part of the T guiding strut broke off. Don't have the skills to repair it :(

M said:
ZG said:
Wow, lot's of bidders on that eh?  :eek:

So did you win it M??

I have indeed. Lots of money, but considering the new part would have been $550 + tax + shipping, it's still cheaper.

Excellent! I love happy endings...  :08:

Me too! I really appreciate the assist on this one! Thank you ZG!

I think I'll re-auction the rest of the assembly once I replace the T plate.

M said:
Me too! I really appreciate the assist on this one! Thank you ZG!

I think I'll re-auction the rest of the assembly once I replace the T plate.

No worries M, I'm an ebay slut and always trolling for something, so if you ever can't find something else just let me know...  >:D

millsan1 said:
Care to sell your broken part?  $20 shipped?

Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait to put it on ebay together with the windshield assembly. It might be more appealing this way. Otherwise, if not sold on ebay, I'll consider selling them apart as well.

M said:
Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait to put it on ebay together with the windshield assembly. It might be more appealing this way. Otherwise, if not sold on ebay, I'll consider selling them apart as well.

Congrats on the re-list auction M! I just checked your bids and it's doing very well, you might even come out of this with zero $ out of pocket or close to it! Nicely done sir! 

:08:

I can't believe how much money a broken windshield mechanism brings.  There are so many parts for C14's but I rarely see the these for sale, I guess they take a beating in nearly all the bikes that are wrecked. 

Indeed it's unfortunate. The whole assembly costs ~600$ new and I only ever needed one metal plate from it. Kawasaki doesn't sell that separately though :(