• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Warm & Safe Heated Jacket

tundra tom

Thank you Brian Snowberg for showing this jacket liner to me. Likely the best performing piece of riding gear I have owned, and as they say I've been around the block a few times. I went full tilt with the waterproof model and added the gloves too....hey I'm on the tundra. ;D
Thin, lightweight, comfortable and very effective. On a recent 3 day trip I felt like I was getting a bit too warm one morning and reached for the wireless control knob....no lights. I forgot to plug the jacket in yet it was warm as can be. I have had several electric liners/vests, this one has the most even heat and have yet to run it full throttle even at 30 degrees. To NEVER be cold again while riding...priceless.
http://www.warmnsafe.com/generation-waterproof-mens-heated-liner/

^^^^^^  + 1000.  I too am a major Warm & Safe fan.  I have their full compliment; gloves, jacket, pants, and socks.  And the wireless remote controller is the coolest thing since sliced bread.  Riding down the road, a change in heat setting is a quick knob turn away (I have my controller mounted in the unused mirror hole on my throttle side).

I have one recommendation for those of you who are considering being comfortable when the temperature drops.  Instead of the heated gloves, I have their heated glove liners.  With the liners, you can buy a fully armored, yet lightweight over glove that gives you better dexterity than their insulated glove.  The liners are supple enough that you can even get your credit card out to buy gas without removing them, letting you stay as buttoned up and road worthy as possible even with a gas stop.  Also, if you do happen to go down, the armored gloves should take the damage, leaving your (somewhat) expensive heated glove liners intact.

I had to smile at Tom's "even at 30 degrees" comment.  The jacket and pants do such a nice job of protection, that I don't even have them on at 30°.  I disconnect the jacket and pants connections and simply use them as extension cords to get the heat to my gloves and socks.  The only places I ever get cold are my feet and hands, so that's where I shoot the heat until it gets really cold (like in single digits).  Then it's just a simple matter of reconnecting two coax plugs and everything is back on line. 

I know COGgers are known as a frugal lot, but my comfort is worth quite a bit to me.  Besides, it's all a matter of perspective.  I dropped $70 on a meal at a nice restaurant for my wife and me over the weekend.  That's all but enough to cover the heated glove liners right there.  And I'm starting my third season on my liners now.  For me, it has been money well spent.  :great: