• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Waukon Iowa Campout/Ride event

I hope to attend but I have see if we are doing field work. This is a great place to stay and the riding, food, and socializing can't be beat.

Sorry Scott, but I will not be able to attend this year. My wife had her right shoulder replaced yesterday. Everything went well and she should be home from the hospital today. I need to be home to help her get around for the next 6+ week while her shoulder is immobilized.

Have fun and enjoy this great event. Hope to see you later this summer.

Hope all went well with delaines surgery. I was asking around at cliffs if anybody had heard from you all winter. If you get the itch bring her along and stay at the hotel, but I understand completely. Take care

Delaine is doing great but was told no motorcycle riding this summer. She has very little pain, but that may be due to the pain pills. Her take on the process is that the pain is not even close to what it was before surgery. Hopefully everything heals quickly and she can start the rehab process. We were told the physical therapy is not pleasant.

For me, it means my role is being a man servant. I may not get much riding in this summer. It will be worth it if she comes out of this pain free.

Have fun at the campout. I miss being there all ready.

Time is near for this event. The forecast is looking good. It is a nice city park for camping, and Scott does an excellent job of hosting this rally!
Riding season is here, let's ride!🏍

Time to get off the fence if thinking about coming! So far the weather guessers says its gonna be a gorgeous weekend for camping.
For you folks coming from the Southern districts - be sure to look at the IDOT road construction website "511" there maybe some information that may affect your routing - I know Hwy 13 is under construction and 1 way traffic pilot car situation for several miles. River roads should all be back open as Mississippi is settling down again.

Yes, it's time to get registered. This is a fun rally! And Scott is a great chef!😋

Tomorrow I'll be mounting new shoes to get ready for the ride north. The forecast of upper 80's should help in mounting. 🏍👍

Waukon 2023 is in the books. Small crowd again this year but couldnt of had finer company! thank you to all who came. It was a damp weekend shall we say - but the boys managed to ride a few miles regardless.

Thank you Scott and Lisa for hosting this fine event. Your hard work and preparation for this event didn't go unnoticed. Thank you!

If anyone reading this and has never attended this event, let me just say it's worth checking it out. Scott makes sure you don't hungry, the riding area is very scenic, the campground is beautiful, and the company is... well.. let's just say very entertaining. 🤣🤣

Be sure to check it out next year.

Attachments

• 20230513_123813.jpg
    20230513_123813.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230512_084302.jpg
    20230512_084302.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230512_084653.jpg
    20230512_084653.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230512_084757.jpg