• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WELCOME TO THE AZ YOU HAVEN'T MET YET a pictorial essay

BertL,
That is just not fair! In know first hand how absolutely gorgeous northern AZ is and now you are gonna rub it in my face that I cant be there? My parents built a house in Prescott in 2000. My dad had a R1150 Rt, A Moto Guzzi V11 Bassa, and a 1100XX Blackbird, (totaled outside Jerome in the mountain twisties). I might have to not like you if you insist on tormenting me with these pics!!    Of course, it could possibly provide the necessary motivation to ride out there and thank you in person.    >:D
Matt

If, in the interest of time you need to do a fly and ride, shop your bike to my place and fly to Phoenix. I will pick ya up!  :))

Brian,
I assume you'll keep her gassed and ready to go at a minutes notice too right? And don't forget to send you both FOBS and some spare tires?  :))
Matt

mattchewn said:
Brian,
I assume you'll keep her gassed and ready to go at a minutes notice too right? And don't forget to send you both FOBS and some spare tires?  :))
Matt

If allowed, you bet! If not, just safe and warm.  :))

Where did you settle on?

BertL said:
CRocker said:
Hmmm...the end of May could work...

Waiting for more news...
:-\ I like the way you think!  Reta & I are spending the night at what will be Ride Central for the 2014 Rally in Prescott on our way home from the Devils Hwy ride via Silver City NM.

I think you're going to like the area & the loops...more photos to come.

Bert

Hmmm, the end of May huh? This could possibly work out on my way to the National.

Album is now complete.

Click on the link to open the photo, double click the photo to open the album.

Or, to view the album in slideshow format go up to the original post and click the link.

This should be an interesting thread.

I'm planning a grand USA Tour for 2015 and Arizona is naturally on my itinerary. I only have a few places at the moment so I'll hopefully pick up some new ideas of places to add to my map. Are you going to include any of these?

Byways
Coronado Trail Scenic Byway
Apache Trail Historic Road
Historic Route 66
Kaibab Plateau-North Rim Parkway
Grand Canyon National Park

Sites
Canyon de Chelly National Monument
Petrified Forest National Park
Chiricahua National Monument
Roosevelt Dam
Apache National Forest
Wupatki National Monument
Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument
OK Corral
Boothill Graveyard & Gift Shop
Helldorado Town
Six Gun City Wild West Show
Beaver Street Brewery
Museum Club
Barringer Crater
The Wave

:beerchug:

Edit: just realised you're focus is Northern Arizona, some of my destinations are Southern Arizona...

The Spring Rally Team is in place and the nuts and bolts are being assembled with blue Loctite as we speak :great:. I hope to have this posted on the Calendar by end of Jan with registration open  :beerchug: Once that takes place I'll start a new thread linking this one. Mark your Calendars for May 30,31 June 1 in Prescott AZ. It's gonna be a hoot!
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD