• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Well I screwed up

So on my way home from work today, I stopped to get some gas. As I left I must have not put the kickstand all the way up and well now I need a new fairing. Aparently the Jack@$$ I trade bikes with decided to cut the kickstand sensor. So does anyone have any advise on how to go about fixing my bike? It starts up and rides perfect, but I broke the peg, which wont be hard to repace, but the fairing is what is gonna cost I am thinking. Its broke the right side mirror completely off as well. Any help would be great as I am at my witts end.

eddie, i'm sorry to hear about your mishap. i think murph has the best price for a new mirror and peg. the fairing can be fixed fairly easily with some abs glue. the lowes near me carries the stuff in the plumbing section. if you want to keep the stock color, colorite.com has all the paint for it. very expensive but they have everything you need to match the paint. hth, tom

Sorry to hear about the spill. What happened, did the stand cause an accident? Maybe its time to remove the fairing pieces and go naked with the bike. I think that might do wonders for solving the Conc summer heat problem ...

I have never seen a connie without a fairing, I would be interested to see some pics of that! Insurance offered me 2000 and I get to keep the bike, or 2700 and she's gone. I just got her, so i think I will take the money and bike and go through MRCYcles, they are about the cheapest for fairing replacement and bags. Yea I'll check at Murph's for the mirrors and things. Thanks guys.

Hey Eddie; You said the foot peg broke off and I'm not sure exactly "what" broke but be sure to replace the foot peg mounting bracket even if it looks fine. The metal Kwakasucki makes them from is very cheap and it WILL break some time later even though it may look perfect. Ask me how I know this..... I'm glad you asked. I gently set my 86 down at a street corner several years ago. About 1.5 years after that incident I was riding in Canada enroute from Nelson B.C. to Vernon B.C. when the foot peg gave way. I had to ride for several more hours with my foot on the passenger peg. Fortunately, it was the right side peg so shifting was normal. When I got to Vernon the guy I stayed with sent me to a friend of his who welded the bracket back together. That repair held fine but it takes a talented welder to do it right. These little mishaps come along to most of us at some time in our riding experience so we know how you feel. Keep us posted on your progress fixing up your ride.

I snapped a photo of this Connie last summer in Toronto. All bottom fairing removed. Looks pretty good, eh?? http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallpines/3779794694/in/set-72157621537361071/ I really wonder what a config like this would do for keeping the engine heat off the rider?

Just go faster and then you don't have to worry about the engine heat. ;) Dave Muzzey St. Charles, IL COG#7957 '01 Connie
2325745050103317432S200x200Q85.jpg
2525116280103317432S200x200Q85.jpg