• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Went down and need parts to finish trip

jimiz

It was a beautiful ride thru California.  It was teh 2nd day of my 30 day trip.  I found some sand at a corner and the bike went down on the left side.  :'(  My beautiful bike is no longer eye candy.  I think I separated my shoulder but I feel that I could keep going but just taking it easy.

The top fairing, left side fairing with the glove box, left hard case antler and dash plastic have been cracked.  The left rider foot peg was broke off.  And the Rifle windshield blew into a thousand pieces.

I would really like to get a left rider foot peg w/ mount, left case antler and another Rifle windshield.  Used would be just fine.  The fairing and dash will have to wait.  Not pretty but not necessary at this time.  I don't think the foot peg will be in stock in Vegas and will have to wait til tomorrow to find out.

If anyone has these parts for sale, new or used, and is around the Vegas area or maybe even Flagstaff, I would be very interested in getting them from you.  If you are within the vicinity of these areas and could overnight the foot peg or antler, that would work too. 

Reply to this post, email, or call my cell 541-255-8081 if you can help.  Thank you!

Update on the trip:

Found a fabricator and make a simple replacement for the foot peg out of a plate and a piece of angle iron.  Works great. 

Have a strap holding the case down.  Should hold for a bit.

Jimiz,

Sorry to hear of your get-off, good for you for getting back on the horse  :great:  I don't know what your plans are, but if you were on your way back through California and still needed a Rifle windshield, I have a used one I could loan you till you find another one.  It's not in great condition, but it would certainly get you home.  Edit: it's just the screen without the base.

Thanks GFinCA.  I ordered one and have it being delivered to a UPS store in Taos.  I will put it on and be a happy camper.  Miss that windshield.

Also, got the footpeg mount fixed.  Had a fab shop in Vegas make something that works great for the time being.  Solid.  I have the antler and foot peg parts ordered and being delivered to my mom's house in AR.  They should be there when I get there.

So far it's a great trip, less the wreck.  Seeing great country and having a blast.  My shoulder is pretty sore and bruises keep popping up but other than that I'm still kickin.