• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Western Wisconsin

Jeff

Hi all,  Just found this site this morning. I have had my 2012 concours 14 for a little over a year.  Just hit 10500 miles.  I am always looking for some more people to ride with.  Most of my friends have Harley's (Harley keep up)  I would be fun to ride with some more sport touring bikes.  Not sure if this is the right category to ask in, but is there anyone close to me.  I live in Hudson, Wis.  Love to go ride.

Hi Jeff

Quite a few folks close to you. This is the place to watch for things coming up. I am the AAD for the Minnesota area so if you decide to actually join COG you would get a news letter and emails when items come up. We have a ride coming out of St. Croix Falls in September plus another event ending up in Dodgeville WI in October. There is also a big regional event as you have seen in Missouri.

I try to have and least on event per month either a ride or some type of get together.

If you want to ride post up here and if someone is available they will respond.

This is a great bunch of Folks I hope you find something that interests you.

Jeff said:
Hi all,  Just found this site this morning. I have had my 2012 concours 14 for a little over a year.  Just hit 10500 miles.  I am always looking for some more people to ride with.  Most of my friends have Harley's (Harley keep up)  I would be fun to ride with some more sport touring bikes.  Not sure if this is the right category to ask in, but is there anyone close to me.  I live in Hudson, Wis.  Love to go ride.

I'm also on a '12 C14, down near Rochester.  I'm game for a ride as long as it works into my work schedule.

Jeff said:

Hey Jeff,

There are two riding events in southwestern WI coming up in September and October to consider.

Check the Event Calendar to see more details.

I will be coming over from Milwaukee area for both of them so maybe I will see you there.

Ride safe!
MWH

Rochester is just a hop skip and a jump away.  We are trying to get a long weekend ride together in Sept. Planning on staying in Waumandee.  They have some really nice little cheap cabins and it is a good central spot for some nice riding.  I will keep you posted when we get a firm date.  Otherwise if you have a free night and want to put on some miles, let me know.  Wednesdays and Thursdays are usually the best nights for me.  I am definitely looking into the 2 fall rides with the group. 

Hey Jeff,
Another benefit of COG membership is the yearly membership handbook listing all members and their preferences to help out if you break down on the road away from home, or offer tent space/bedroll, conversation. A quick look at the handbook shows there is a COG member in Hudson, two up the river in Stillwater and I'm a little further up the Saint CROIX in Scandia.
Put our next two rides on your to do list and check us out, I feel for you having to ride with Harley buddies.
Check out COG-online.org/calendar

Hi Jeff, I drive an 08 and live in Reedsburg (near WI Dells).  You are 3 1/2 hrs. n/w of me I have a sister that lives in Champlin MN and I have driven up on good days to visit.  PM me if you want to ride some weekend, my favorite area to go is on any road near the Mississippi river.  There is a really neat county park in Lansing Iowa that has an interesting entrance (Stay in first gear at the beginning) and very nice views as well as many good roads to travel.  The Great river road on The MN side is a fun ride too.  See you soon maybe?
Jerry

Greetings Jeff. I am near St. Croix Falls and ride in S.W. Wisconsin when I can.
As the others have stated this is a great, sociable group. The better half and I are hosting a ride/cookout on Sept. 26th.
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=61378.0
These rides are a great way to get to know the members and ride some great roads. Typically we meet for breakfast and try to choose good roads to ride to one or more destinations.
Hope to meet you soon!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a fabulous place to eat.  It would be in your best interest to go have some dinner at the El Paso bar and grill.  I found this place in the spring and I am guessing I have been there 12 times the rest of the summer.  Tuesday is taco night, Wed. is fish fry, Thursday is rib and wings night, Friday is another fish fry, and Saturday is a steak night.  Don't know about the rest of the nights, but judging from the 4 nights I have been there it will probably exceed your expectations.  There is some great riding in the area too.  Elmwood and Spring Valley provide for some great riding. It doesn't hurt that the bartender is what most men dream of. Just got back from a 200 mile trip starting after work.  Good times.

Jeff said:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a fabulous place to eat.  It would be in your best interest to go have some dinner at the El Paso bar and grill.  I found this place in the spring and I am guessing I have been there 12 times the rest of the summer.  Tuesday is taco night, Wed. is fish fry, Thursday is rib and wings night, Friday is another fish fry, and Saturday is a steak night.  Don't know about the rest of the nights, but judging from the 4 nights I have been there it will probably exceed your expectations.  There is some great riding in the area too.  Elmwood and Spring Valley provide for some great riding. It doesn't hurt that the bartender is what most men dream of. Just got back from a 200 mile trip starting after work.  Good times.

Jeff,
Is this the place in Ellsworth?
http://www.piercecountywi.com/El%20Pas0%20Rest%20II.htm

http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-paso-bar-and-grill-ellsworth

That is the place. So technically it is an Ellsworth address, but there is an unincorporated town there called El Paso. Just a heads up, I would call ahead on Thursdays to make sure they have enough ribs.  I have been there twice and the were all out. 

Hey Jeff! Just saying hello from another local over in White Bear area. Hope to see you show up at an event this fall and say hello :)

Brian,
Nice to hear from you.  I am definitely trying to make an event or two this fall. Unfortunately every event so far in this area has been on a weekend I have my kids.  Any time you want to go for a ride, let me know. I am always interested.

I would, but have to work on Thursday and then have a ride planed already for Friday,Saturday, and Sunday.