• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What rear rack is this? I like it.

greg.m784

Street Cruiser
bikepics-254275-full.jpg

Yes it is a Kawasaki part
luggage rack PN K53020-083
back rest PN K53043-052
mounting kit PN K53021-083

I have it sitting on the table in front of me. I bought it from the dealer when I purchased my Connie in 94. I wanted to install it so bad but it was missing parts and the dealer went out of business right after I bought it.
Les

Greg said:
thanks for the info.  I like how it looks.  sleek and understated.

i'm looking for one.

They aren't bad, I've had one since I got my '03 in August of 2002. They have a cantilevered mount which limits the load rating significantly. I highly modified mine and it is a solid rack now.

I covered the surfaces with ribbed rubber sheeting that is used to line tool chest drawers. I attached it with 3m weather stripping adhesive:

1117194945053667879S600x600Q85.jpg

I also made my own reinforcement brackets out of 3/16" aluminum bar stock:

1117195771053667879S600x600Q85.jpg

This requires carefully filing a notch in both sides of the tail cover to allow removal:

2044483910053667879S600x600Q85.jpg

As you can see I also relocated the helmet locks on the sides of the rack. I also drilled through all tapped holes and replaced fasteners with stanless steel screws, nuts and bolts.

I find the assembly to be far more useful in this configuration.

Dan

Bergman is right the instruction sheet says load limit is 5# . Don't think I will sell it. Ron Ayers shows that they have all the parts in inventory < http://www.ronayers.com/> . Looks like a 17 year install. Better late than never bet it sets a record.    ;D

Les

that mod is great. I like it.  No worries MoRe.  I'll hunt one down.  Found 'em new for 107$  :truce:

:D 

I have the factory backrest. It looks like it uses that mount.  Are you referring to the cantilever bars that connect to the passenger grab handles?

Greg said:
I have the factory backrest. It looks like it uses that mount.  Are you referring to the cantilever bars that connect to the passenger grab handles?
Sorry, didn't realize you had the back rest.  If you already have the back rest, you're good to go with just the rack  :great: