• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Whats with the forum today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'n Bob

This forum has been terrible today. Sometimes good, sometimes not too bad. And other times slow as molasses. It was taking minutes to load things I was clicking on. Yet other sites were lightning fast. It seems to be better again, so I figured that I would get this post in before it slowed down again.  :mad:

Cap'n Bob said:
This forum has been terrible today. Sometimes good, sometimes not too bad. And other times slow as molasses. It was taking minutes to load things I was clicking on. Yet other sites were lightning fast. It seems to be better again, so I figured that I would get this post in before it slowed down again.  :mad:

It is you, Bob. Your 3,105 postings are slogging things up!  :-*  >:D

It's doing it again today. Two different computers, with different software and ISP's.  some times normal, sometimes nothing at all. Yet all the other sites work fine!!!!!  What's up with this.  :mad:

I wind up with this after a while if your not going back and forth trying to get your post through. :  HTTP 408/409 Server Busy

I'm pretty sure Colin has addressed this issue in a few other posts, and has been looking into possible remediation and recommendations.  Of course,  we all know that posting redundant messages will hasten the process and speed up the server.  :truce:  :)

S Smith said:
I'm pretty sure Colin has addressed this issue in a few other posts, and has been looking into possible remediation and recommendations.  Of course,  we all know that posting redundant messages will hasten the process and speed up the server.  :truce:  :))

Maybe he already did, and this could be a new issue?  ;)

Cap'n Bob said:
S Smith said:
I'm pretty sure Colin has addressed this issue in a few other posts, and has been looking into possible remediation and recommendations.  Of course,  we all know that posting redundant messages will hasten the process and speed up the server.  :truce:  :))

It seems to be getting worse as the day progresses... Now I am getting constant timeouts when opening or posting

2linby said:
Cap'n Bob said:
S Smith said:

:nananana:

Yeah, something is not right. Here it is 5AM EST  (2AM on the west coast) on Sunday morning. Yet the site is slow as molasses. Yet again every other site I try is nice and fast! Of course I can't try my work computer. Maybe I'll go upstairs and fire up the desk top to try that one. In the past, it never seems to matter which computer I'm on when it does this.  ???

Edit to add:  COGMOS is running just fine with the other sites at a good speed.

Cap'n Bob said:
Edit to add:  COGMOS is running just fine with the other sites at a good speed.

Different servers Bob.

See this thread :

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27939.msg123566.html#new

Status
Not open for further replies.