• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where Does This Go???

GPz1100

Training Wheels
I was going to call my friend and give him his ZX-14 seat back but thought I'd try it one more time. Pulled the seat off and noticed this for the first time...
MVC-002S-2.jpg
MVC-003S.jpg
it had a thin film of glue on the back but wasn't stuck to anything, just sitting there loose by the vent. It has an arrow on it so it's directional. There was only one which leads to me posting this, since it was next to the vent, if it belongs there shouldn't there be another one next to the other vent or where does it go???

I don't have a C-14, I have a C-10 but I did poke through the parts diagrams on Kawasaki.com and my current guess is Part #92161 which is a Damper for the side cover. It's hard to tell from the diagram though because the part's so tiny. Let me know if I'm right or, most likely, wrong.

another member said it was a seat cushion that goes on the other side of the 'wall', farther inboard of where it is now. he didn't say if there is only one or not. anyone else?

i took some time and found the diagram with that part number Brett. you nailed it. some kind of damper. takes 2. guess i'll need to contact the dealer and get another one. thanks.