• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Which is easier to drop? C10 or C14

GaryN.

Training Wheels
I have a C10 and I have dropped it one time trying to put on center stand on slightly uneven asphalt.  I am surprised at how many here have dropped the C14 but see that many have, I was thinking that was more of a C10 situation. No?

I think the C-10 is more prone to drops because the fuel tank is larger and rides higher up. That said, I've dropped both! The C-14 was the same as you - center stand not properly down.

I think both are equal opportunity droppers.  ;D

My C14 seems to be easier to get on the center stand than my C10 is though.  But a big part of that is using a taller 55 series tire on the 14 (stock is a 50 series).  My C10 is modded on the back end though and I run a 170/60-17.  that one is more difficult to lift on the center stand than when I had the 160/70-17 on it.  My C10 feels like it's harder to settle onto both legs of the center stand than the 14 does.  might only be my perspective on it though.