• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Which Kuryakyn grips?

RidgeRider

Big Wheel
Hi, Folks.

I am new here, and new to the Concours world. I just bought a 2002 C10 a month or so ago.

Has anyone put the Kuryakyn on their Connie? If so, which ones should I get? And, are there any pecularities to installing them?

Thanks for your help.

RidgeRider

You need grips that don't have an end cap, or that have one that you can trim off.  The bar end weights on the Connie require this.

Kuryakyn does a lot of chrome stuff, so you may not find many people using their gear.  Not a lot of folks bolting chrome onto their Connies.

If you're looking for some comfortable grips, can I suggest Murph's grips?  They're a nice, comfortable gel grip that works well on the Connie.  (Murph is a COG industry member, too)  These grips have end caps, but happen to have a nice little groove exactly where you need to trim them to fit properly on our bikes.  A minute or two with a razor blade and they're ready to install.

Thanks, Jon. I have Kuryakyn grips on another bike and they are extremely comfortable. I am not interested in chrome, either. But they do come in all black. I will check Murph's. I have already ordered a couple of items from them, and am satisfied.

My connie came with murphs grips on it.  Didnt think i'd like them, but they are great grips !!

cheers  :beerchug:
ian.