• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Why does this tire only fit Triumphs?

ZGR1000

Training Wheels
Hope this link is good.  It says only fits Triumphs, I dont get it.  Same size as our front tires right?  It's a Metzeler Front Lasertec 110/80H-18 Blackwall Tire

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?productId=p543080

looks like the old ME33, worst piece of crap tire I ever tried on my 86 Connie. Thing tracked rain grooves so bad I got pulled over cause the cop thought I was drunk.

It was the OEM tire on the bikes listed, never homologated under EU TUV for use on other bikes.

Just cause it fits, don't mean it will be satisfactory.

Much better tire.

My GF's VFR has a ME33 on the front of it.  Lots of good tread left.  It's getting a free trip to the round file. 

Ordering BT45's for her bike.

I had a set of the old ME33 1/3's.  They were music to my ears......... :rotflmao:

Like JP said just cause they fit don't mean anything.  As a kid I once had a overcoat my mom bought me that "fit" and I got the crap beat out of me by my ahem, "friends", cause it was so funny looking. :-[. Somehow that coat got stolen... my parents did not find any humor in it.