• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Why we ride screening

long island rider

Crotch Rocket
Hey folks, just found out there is a potential screening of the movie "why we ride" on thursday, January 30th at 7:30 pm at the Roosevelt field movie theater in Garden City, Long Island. The screening will only happen if of 55 more people reserve tickets. Price is $12. Looks like a great movie. If there are enough people interested, we can make this an event. Spread the word and there will be a better chance of this happening. Great way to spend a cold winter evening and get us motivated for the spring time!!
  :motonoises: :great: :motonoises: :beerchug: :motonoises: :) http://www.tugg.com/events/6844

We had a COG group go the the screening in Minneapolis/St Paul a few weeks ago. The movie is pretty good, and worth a watch for sure. For a bike junkie, in the midst of winter it's pretty good tonic. Buy tickets fast.....it sold out really quickly here!

Hey Chris, no number, everything gets done on-line. You basically buy the tickets in advance but they won't charge your card until the magic number is reached. Here's the info......

Link
Spread the word about this event to help make it happen.
Why We Ride
Presented by Randy Rago
Thursday, January 30 7:30PM - 8:59PM
in Garden City, NY at AMC Loews Roosevelt Field 8 $12.00 General

Reserve Your Tickets
Going
Needed
Deadline: January 23
14days 8h 27m 47s
PENDING This event will only happen if 55 more people reserve a ticket.
The Event Program

Movie presentation of Why We Ride
An inspiring celebration of the motorcycling community, Why We Ride is a documentary film that shares the passion of motorcycle riding and shows the camaraderie of the friends and families who ride together. As told by the many racers, riders, pioneers, and parents in the sport, the story weaves its way through generations of motorcyclists who live each day to the fullest on their two-wheeled machines. The refreshing message about the joys of motorcycling, coupled with state of the art photography, capture the imagination and set the soul in motion.
read more +

It will sell out and it is worth the visit. You will find a great mix of riders in the crowd. Go early as the talk in the lobby is good as well.

Baah!  :-[

Just read about this movie in the moto mags and would love to go but have to be up for work at 4:45 am its past my bedtime!  LOL :))

Enjoy!

Thanks for putting up that link chip doc.  :great: Terry, that's why we have personal days!!  :D you're welcome to crash at my house that night instead of driving back to Staten Island if you do happen to make it.  :beerchug:

Roger M. said:
Thanks for putting up that link chip doc.  :great: Terry, that's why we have personal days!!  :D

My pleasure.  I figured that digging it up myself and posting it would be a whole lot more useful than simply making a snarky comment.

Ahh... I remember personal days!  I had them once, as recently as 2007, but never since.  Any days I don't show up for work are days I don't get paid, so I'm always there - rain or shine, sick or well.  I know I'm not the only one because people all over the floor are coughing and hacking these days.  Hope 2014 brings us all better times.

That's great Chris. I've decided to make a meet & greet out of this event. Going to put something on the calendar this afternoon/evening. We'll get together for dinner before the screening whether or not the movie plays. From what I'm told, this movie has sold out everywhere it plays.  :beerchug:

Ok folks, just posted up a meet & greet on the calendar for the evening of this screening. We will have this event whether the movie plays or not. I'm told it always sells out, so hopefully no worries about that. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Here is a link to the meet and greet, calendar page

Throw it up on the ADV site for your area. Or sport touring, or one of the other active forums.

They still need 38 people to reserve tickets. Reserve yours if you haven't yet. They do not charge your card until they have enough people. Spread the word to friends that ride as well.  :great:

Roger....I put flyers I made about the movie up in Riverhead Harley....Maximum Motorsports and Riverhead Honda.......I also bought a copy of the DVD .......if the movie doesn't work out with enough people registered maybe we could show the DVD at the gathering somehow......could you work out the logistics on that?........Chris

Good job chris, thanks. I'll see what I can do about watching at the meet & greet. I'm going to purchase the movie as well. I hear so many good things about it. Come on folks, reserve your tickets today so we can see this epic picture on the BIG SCREEN!!!  :beerchug:

Anyone who reserved a ticket should have gotten an email yesterday, the movie is going to play. Enough tickets have been sold!!!!  :beerchug: see you next Thursday.  :)