• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WIDE mc boots?

KLRIDER

Does anyone else here blessed with wide feet know of a good mc boot that fits well? My dogs are EE width. I've used Danner 8' or 10" lace-up boots for 20 years but am looking for a mc specific boot for sport/dual-sport touring, waterproof preferably. Does anything exhist? Thanks,

Pat, I had a pair of Alpinestar Ridge boots which were plenty roomy for my triple E's. Now I wear TCX x5's and really like them. They're both waterproof but the Ridge boots are much warmer and a bit clunky compared to the X-five's. I now only use them as a winter boot. I got them from Newenough.com

+1 on the TCX's I have EEE width and my Oxtars (what TCX's used to be before the forced name change) have been great, I have both the touring version and the "stunt" lace up version. Both fit great and have lasted forever. I have tried on the 'new' TCX'

Thanks, Vic. Good info! I just placed an order with NewEnough for the TCX X-FIVE boots, and some sox. The boots were on a close-out at $170. :) Good timing, guys. Of course, COG got a contribution. ;)

Pat, One thing I did experience with the touring ooots was the break-in time. They took a little while to break in, but boy, once they did, sweetness. Not sure if the latest versions would be the same, just something that might be a factor, hopefully not a big deal.

I think the Oxtars (now TCX) are wider than most.

Pay close attention to where the boots are made. All the Japaneses boots tend to be very narrow, and I think it's because the oriental foot is more narrow. The Italian made boots seem to be the widest that I've found.

Got my new TCX X-5s today. Look very nice and they slide right on. I think that break-in time will be short. They were made in "EU", so I'm guessing that covers a bit of territory.  :)

Years ago I bought some Oxtar dirt/mc boots from NewEnough: after wearing them 5-6 times I had to soak they in water and then wear them for two days to get them to fit; they were very good after that. These will be much easier to fit.  8)

klrider said:
Got my new TCX X-5s today. Look very nice and they slide right on. I think that break-in time will be short. They were made in "EU", so I'm guessing that covers a bit of territory.  :)

Years ago I bought some Oxtar dirt/mc boots from NewEnough: after wearing them 5-6 times I had to soak they in water and then wear them for two days to get them to fit; they were very good after that. These will be much easier to fit.  8)

FYI, my 3 year old Oxtars were made in Italy. They are also the most waterproof boot I've ever found, bar none. I have wadded through running water up to the top of them several times on low water crossings and creeks. They never leak a drop.