• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Winter Ride

freebird6

May not seem like much but getting in 300 plus miles any day past the shortest day of the year is a major accomplishment here in Eastern Indiana/western Ohio. The COnnie was calling the last few weeks since a warmer than normal THanksgiving weekend gave us 3 days of warm but windy rides.... When my mother called and said she had left a few gifts here I could think of no better way to get them to her than pack em in the sidecases and get on the road. Nice use of the new heavyweight Kawi jacket I brought back from England and an extra layer of clothes under my Olympia textile pants. Not too bad at all until the speedo needle went straight up and down on IN 28 coming west from Union City IN and the wind got a might brisk.

A pretty special day here irregardless of the TPS flashing.....only downside is the Mean Streak sitting there looking accusingly. Put the Stabil in again cause it snowed today. I love this bike. Another warm day and I guarantee it will be out again.

Take advantage while you can. I already put all of mine away. My Mean Streak gets an attitude as soon as the temps start dropping every year. But it makes up for it mid summer when it's the bike getting ridden the most.

As far as Stabil.  I start adding it in the later fall and topping the bike off every time I come in. That way if I get that quick year ending snow storm, it's ready to be winterized. I figure running some stabil really doesn't hurt. And I can live with the cost of it. Because I have quite a few times had that snow storm come before she was ready. So it can make my life much easier when it does happen. I normally don't ride after the first snowstorm. Once the salt and sand hits the road.

It's cool that you managed to get in a ride and help Mom out at the same time. It sounds like all worked out for you. My only concern here is the TPS. They didn't flash more than say 5-10 miles did they? If so, it's time to replace them. They should warm up and start working as the the tires/wheels build heat. Which in my experience is normally by 5-10 miles.