• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Winter Social (RI) Sat., 1 Feb. 2014 4:00 PM

B.D.F.

Come on out and join us for a great time at our first Winter Social. We have reserved the game room of The Olde Theater Diner for this event. Dinner will be from the full menu of the restaurant and they have a full bar. For anyone wanting to stay overnight, there are several local hotels along with prices listed on the sign- up page.

This is a great restaurant serving both pizza as well as a regular full menu. Large portions, low prices and a great setting.

Here is a link to the calendar page. to sign up for the event.

I want full credit for NOT asking what might 'pop up' and what you and Susan might do about it if it did....  :rotflmao:

Great to hear you folks are going to attend.

Brian

Roger M. said:
If nothing pops up, Susan and I will be there.  :beerchug:

Well dip me in sheep dip and call me dodo.....

Through an odd circumstance (a member booked a hotel and got a special rate, then the hotel passed that rate on to the entire group) we have a discounted rate for the La Quinta Inn in Coventry, RI. The rate is $64 instead of the standard $72. To get the rate, call them to book the reservation and mention Concours Owners Group, and the discounted reservations must be made by 25 January.

I will post this info to the calendar page as well.

Brian

C'mon people, better sign up for this one. You don't want to miss what will undoubtedly be the greatest COG function ever, on this date, in RI!

;D

Brian

I do not know if this is by design or if an oversight. But the link to the event page doesn't work unless you are logged into COGMOS. 

Beats me? It is merely a link to the event page; if one has to be logged into COGMOS to have the link work I am unaware of that and have no control over it that I know of.

If anyone is trying to register for this event, and obviously who would NOT be trying  ;D, let me know if you have any problems and we will work around them. Besides, registration is not necessary to attend, merely a way for us to get an approximate attendee count for the restaurant.

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:
I do not know if this is by design or if an oversight. But the link to the event page doesn't work unless you are logged into COGMOS.

I had someone else try it and you are right- it requires anyone looking to sign in. The link also is slightly different from a non- logged in browser so I grabbed that one and pasted it.... and now it seems to work and I have no idea why.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Brian

Cap'n Bob said:

Thanks Cap'n Bob for pointing that out and to Brian for getting it corrected. Now it's time
for everyone to sign up so we can get this party started.

:06:  :beerchug:  :singing:  :party0036:

There are some other people coming who did not sign up, at least not yet. I heard from them through e-mail. But the fact that I put a bad link in the initial post probably didn't help :-(  It actually was not a 'bad' like but it only worked for those signed into the COG website, as Bob mentioned. Going to the exact same place from the calendar but not being signed in gets to the exact same place but it has a slightly different URL. I do not know why that is but I simply used the URL that is given to browsers if they are not signed and all is well- go figure?

Just go easy folks, no need to be in a panic. Que up and sign up in an orderly fashion, no need to shove and push to the front of the line- plenty of room for everyone.  :rotflmao: Seriously, it is a big room and I can expand on the number of slots if needed.

Brian

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Thanks Cap'n Bob for pointing that out and to Brian for getting it corrected. Now it's time
for everyone to sign up so we can get this party started.

:06:  :beerchug:  :singing:  :party0036:

Hope y'all dont mind a newb showing up asking stupid questions like where the dipstick is on these things!  ;D

Nancy and I will make it and spend the night, go to Mass, home to watch the Super Bowel Staying at the La Quinta for $61.00 with a free breakfast!      Party Harty

Absolutely not, everyone is welcome at this event. In fact, it would be a great way for you to meet a few members that normally might not make a lot of events here due to distance. By all means, come on along and meet a handful of the local COG folk: great people, every last one of them.

And we'll tell ya' where the dipstick is..... oh, yes!  :rotflmao:

Pat and Sher will be there too; they host the Tech. day event in May and Pat is very well versed in C-10's so it would be great for you two to chat and you find out about some of the things that get done on Tech day where there will be quite a few very knowledgeable people to help, guide and heckle. A huge amount of great info. and fantastic help available to service / maintain / repair / farkle your bike on Tech day.

Looking forward to meeting you folks!
Brian

Brian

Tym said:
Hope y'all dont mind a newb showing up asking stupid questions like where the dipstick is on these things!  ;D

Great Wayne, looking forward to seeing you folks!

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
Nancy and I will make it and spend the night, go to Mass, home to watch the Super Bowel Staying at the La Quinta for $61.00 with a free breakfast!      Party Harty

Owning a 1987 GTR means i need a tech. day bad! However, a nice dinner at a diner couldnt hurt!  :great:

Until then check it out, just got a "new" to me KLR motor to play with  :beerchug:

yax7.jpg

Better hurry up folks, this thing is filling up fast! You don't want to be those people standing outside, pressing their little noses against the glass, just wishing they had signed up in time, now do ya'?  Only two signing up weeks left to go....

Brian

One week to go so let's sign up people.  :beerchug:

Looking forward to meeting some of the new people and learning what Brian & Andrea have in store
for all of us this upcoming season...

Pizza? Chinese buffet? Ferry rides? Steamed cheese burgers?

Always ice cream  :)

Nancy and I made reservations at La Quinta and found a church to attend Mass on Sunday and will be home for Super Sunday ! GO DENVER!!!!!  See you all there, Life Is Good!

Yep, only one week to go and the slots are filling up folks.

Looking forward to this- the first COG event of the new year in CT / RI!

Brian

Regretfully, Susan and I are going to have to cancel.  :'( we are hosting a Super Bowl party and it's kinda snowballed into a big thing. We'll catch up with everyone soon. Have fun.

Well we'll miss seeing you folks but we understand about the Super Bowl thing- it is a big day for a lot of people. But hey, have fun on Sunday!

Brian

Roger M. said:
Regretfully, Susan and I are going to have to cancel.  :'( we are hosting a Super Bowl party and it's kinda snowballed into a big thing. We'll catch up with everyone soon. Have fun.

Sorry
Laurel and I will not be able to attend.
we are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Tech weekend or sooner.
Of course that depends on the snow melting up here, it's -35C up here with strong winds :(
John

BDF, since I posted that I was coming for sure, 4 people have dropped out.  I'm changing my deodorant and tooth paste  and my undies twice a day now so if they want to change their mind and come, they should not be offended.  I'm sure with your sparkling manors and ways it could not be your problem.
      No Bad Days

Just be careful making all those changes at once Wayne- you could end up with cotton- mouth, minty but sticky armpits and a burning sensation..... never mind. You just have to know that Japanese six- day underwear and a bit of dementia are a bad combination, right?

Agreed on the personality part- I don't think I have ever offended anyone so that cannot be it. Hmmmmm.

Well you go ahead and put toothpaste in your underwear and I will work on The Cat Joke (TM) so maybe the cat comes out of it a little better than before and we'll see what happens.

:rotflmao:

Looking to seeing all that do make it on Saturday. The Super Bowl seems to be bumping into a late Sat. social event- who'd a thunk it?

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
  BDF, since I posted that I was coming for sure, 4 people have dropped out.  I'm changing my deodorant and tooth paste  and my undies twice a day now so if they want to change their mind and come, they should not be offended.  I'm sure with your sparkling manors and ways it could not be your problem.
      No Bad Days

BDF, could it be that people are afraid that Pat and Sher are  going to have their mean dog with them? I dd not have a treat last spring at their place and and almost got licked to death.
                      No Bad Days

You mean 'Killer' as I like to call her? :)  Hey, I think it would up attendance if she was there. We could put a sash around her, claim she is an assistance dog (lowers my blood pressure) and let her loose in the restaurant. We'd all get thrown out but I betcha' it would be a hilarious 10 minutes leading up to that....  One of the true highlights of Tech. Day: watching Angel find one of those elusive and so very pesky water bottles w/in her reach.  :rotflmao:

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
BDF, could it be that people are afraid that Pat and Sher are  going to have their mean dog with them? I dd not have a treat last spring at their place and and almost got licked to death.
                      No Bad Days

Coming down to the wire folks, better sign up if you do not want to miss this one.... and who would want to miss it?

If you need any more reason, I have put in a request for better weather and it looks like it worked- going to be in the mid- 40's on Sat. (14F here now). Sure, it seemed like a waste of money when I paid the old weather Hag but you cannot argue with results!

Brian

Good news on the weather, i need help with this bike, i still cant find the dipstick!

:deadhorse: :Woot_Emoticon:

Tym come to the dinner, I'm sure you will find at least one dipstick.BDF is it true that the town of Coventry has asked you to stop taking any more at the dinner as the town is afraid of overcrowding? Is the board of health letting the diner open? I hear that they are afraid of some one bring in dead animal parts!    No Bad Days

Nah, we got lots' of room for this one.

Animal parts....? Of course, aren't you bringing animal parts? Doesn't everyone?

We may even take the bike to this one but I doubt it. Going to be 40+ on Sat. but it is snowing lightly here now and they have salted the roads again; going down to 11 tonight.

Looking forward to seeing you folks on Sat!

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
  Tym come to the dinner, I'm sure you will find at least one dipstick.BDF is it true that the town of Coventry has asked you to stop taking any more at the dinner as the town is afraid of overcrowding? Is the board of health letting the diner open? I hear that they are afraid of some one bring in dead animal parts!    No Bad Days

This is huge, i thought id share, took her off the road a couple of years ago, the insurance for two bikes was killing me at the time...

her brakes were frozen, rebuilt them, and now this, from this morning~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiUes2-NXDY#t=0

Music to my ears! Next stop DMV me thinks! Turns out i wont have many stupid questions after all, just feed me and i'll be fine Saturday!

:beerchug:

The weather looks good, car is full of gas, wife is set to party, room is booked,see you all at 4PM!
                    No Bad Days

I understand completely Chris- it is a long way out for you folks on the island.

We should catch up later in the season sooner or later though. We will be having several M&G's in CT that should be a bit easier for you to make than this one.

Otherwise, looks like a FANTASTIC day for this area! 45 F out right now, sunny and the wind is at zero MPH! I did not expect this to be a ride- too event but for those close enough, it looks pretty good for the first of February. Going down to about freezing tonight. The roads are clear and dry although there is some sand around from the last snow so for anyone considering riding, please be aware that there will probably be sand lines in intersections and the the junctions of the smaller side- streets.

Looking forward to seeing you folks in a few hours. Going to decide in a few minutes which arm to put deodorant under and everybody can take a guess later....  :rotflmao:

Brian

Ocean said:
Brian et al.      Hope you guys have a fun day......Can't make this one dangit!.........Chris

Well, i tied to make it, the directions wernt quite right, the second light put me in a shopping center, so i went to the next one,

it was supposed to be arnold street butt there wasnt a sign saying arnorld street, so i took the left anywaYS, the place looked like i getto so i came home.

Thanks anyways.

BDF and MRS BDF Nice job I did not think so many would show up. A special thanks to Ben for the rides to and from the diner , A real nice thing to do, all the taxis were busy and i would rather not drive at night in a strange town. Great time!

I will check the directions and make any corrections needed but what you describe sounds exactly correct, and the road you were actually on was Arnold Rd.; the restaurant is on that very road although it road changes names at the next stop light, 4.1 miles from the start of Arnold Rd. where you turned left.

Brian

Tym said:
Well, i tied to make it, the directions wernt quite right, the second light put me in a shopping center, so i went to the next one,

it was supposed to be arnold street butt there wasnt a sign saying arnorld street, so i took the left anywaYS, the place looked like i getto so i came home.

Thanks anyways.

Sat. was a great time! We had 21 folks show up, a few staying overnight at a local hotel. A good time, great people and good food in a nice, accommodating, venue. This event was on the long side which was great as it gave most everyone a chance to chat after eating. A few games of air hockey and pool also followed dinner. We left around 9:30 PM but a few stayed on playing pool so I don't know when the 'event' actually ended :)

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Andrea has a few photos that she will post a bit later on.

Brian

Thanks to all who came out and joined us for our fun & games!  Brian and I were so thrilled with the turnout....great way to overcome any winter blues.
We shared many laughs, accompanied by great food, drinks & games!  Fun times for sure!!  We had attendees from RI, CT, MA & NY.  4 newcomers came out to see what we were all about too...sure appeared that they all had fun, and we suspect they'll all be back.  Some folks also stayed overnight, turning it into a nice weekend get-away.
Might I also thank my fellow COGette's who joined me in some fun games of Air Hockey, I enjoyed that EVEN when loosing.... :eek:

Here's some pic's, hope you enjoy,
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=26
Can't wait to do it again real soon!

Andrea