• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wow it went down fast !!!!

zarticus

Well,
I knew it was just a matter of time !. Went on a long ride today with my Dad and I was leading. I stopped at a stop sign & the road had a good down hill camber to the right. I was fully stopped & trying to decide whether to go left or right when all of a sudden my right foot slipped just a couple inch's. Because of the down hill camber my right leg was fully extended so when it slipped I could not push back & it was like slow motion, A slow controlled fall to the right & at the last second I could not hold it back any more & just let it go the last few inch's. Thankfully my Canyon Cages took the brunt of the fall & NO plastic touched down !. I did give my left shin a good whack on the peg as I climbed / fell off & did a half body roll on the pavement but other than that no injuries. Thankfully my dad stopped behind me & not on the side of me which would of turned into an expensive game of domino's. My dad helped me pick her up & with an audience of 3 cars behind us we were on our way. One paint chip / scratch on the rear Canyon cage & a scrape on the highway peg mount on the front Cage. I'm glad my Dad was with me to help pick the bike up because when on their side they are VERY heavy !!. I did not get a picture because I was holding up traffic & a picture was the last thing on my mind. My advice is be very careful of uneven pavement when stopped & Canyon Cages are the best investment you can buy. Guess I qualify for a sticker now  :-[         

When I brought the Concours home from the dealer, the Canyon Cage was the very first thing I thought of, and just installed a set of R&G Adventure Bars yesterday. I've got it in my head that when I 'do' drop my bike, it will be while re-positioning the beast in my shed or on my sloping gravel driveway. It does outweigh me by a ratio of nearly 4 to 1.

Connie can be a heavy beast but there's a trick to it.  Lift it with your legs by putting your butt on the seat.  Go to YouTube and you'll find all sorts of videos of small pretty girls picking up huge Harley dressers.  The same technique works for us too; we just don't look as cute while we're doing it.

Glad to hear the Canyon Cages caught it.  Glad to hear that cyclerosis installed those R&G Adventure Bars too.  You would be amazed at how many folks report dropping poor Connie while those bars sat on a shelf in the garage waiting for a good time to do the install.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 547th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0543 C14 Richard Nielsen
0544 C14 Shawn Teel
0545 C14 Thomas Wrede
0546 C10 Jeffrey Hayes
0547 C14 Gary Moniz

Exact same thing happened to me on my 09. The camber was so extreme I had to have help getting it back on two wheels. No cages so I had some small scratches on the plastic. I traded it for a 14 last year so now I don't have to look at those.