• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB: Centerstand for 94

santacruzrider

Snapped the arm off my centerstand today while levering it up -- had no idea it was possible for it to break so dramatically. Looking for a replacement.

I have a CS from a '95.  It was from a project bike, that had been down on its left in a ver low speed slide.  Its bent a little bit and so I replaced it.

I bought a replacement before I took off the original.  Once removed I realized it could've relatively easily be bent back into shape.

The CS has some scuffs on the left hand side foot lever.  The bike it came off of leaned just a bit when on the CS so it would need to be straightened.  If you can use it let me know.  $10 plus shipping?  I'm at zip code 48433 - guessing it will weigh about 5 lb.'s once packaged for shipping.

hlh1 said:
Was it rusting?  Did battery acid get on it?

Not entirely sure what caused the failure. I dont's see any battery acid (and haven't had any issue in the 3 years I've owner her). There was a very small bit of surface rust in on spot at the break, but it doesn't extend into the metal, so it's hard to believe it led to failure. I use the stand everyday and lever it pretty hard while pulling up on the seat handle. But I only weigh 165#, so it should have been able to handle the stress.

On the positive side, the failure was sudden and sent me nearly sprawling and Connie headed the opposite way toward the pointy end of a trailer. Luckily, I'm in the midst of a little home project and the right bag came to rest on a stack of 20 newly painted baseboards. I still had one hand on the handlebar and couldn't believe I was holding her up at about 60 degrees. It took a second to recompose, one mighty heave and she was upright. Only damage is a 3" smudge on one baseboard -- unbelievable.

You were lucky!  I found mine to be a bit rusty last month.  I've sanded off the rust and repainted it.