• WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO POST AND ACCESS MEMBER ONLY CONTENT AND FEATURES
    Join / Upgrade / Renew your membership to enjoy full membership and posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB Starter bike for new rider

ron203

Southeast Area Director
My son has taken the BRC and needs a starter bike that is reasonable to purchase and (in my opinion) not overpowered. Anybody have or know someone who is trading up or getting out or ? We're in N. GA, northeast of ATL.

Thanks,
Ron

ron203

Southeast Area Director
And budget!

btw... Wow Motorcycles in Marietta has a big selection of used, though they want $$$
Looked at WOW. They are turning into a dealer and with the current market, they’re kinda pricey.

I’d like to get something <$2500 or less and maybe <10 years old for parts availability.

lrbuck

Ron,

Ninja 300's are getting into the 2-2,500 range. No carbs, 17" tires, 480ish pounds, 4.5 gal. tank, 65 MPG, shim under bucket valves, and a slipper clutch. Just sayin.

Larry