• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yamadrop

polaris

This might get moved since it was a Yamaha. Havent dropped my Connie yet. (knock on my head) This was about 1980 and had my first street bike, a 76 RD 400. Went outside work at lunch and pushed the bike off the ceterstand only to lose my balance with bike falling away from me. All of my 125 lbs at that time couldnt hold it and bike fell over on right side with me falling on top of it. Looked around to see about 5 coworkers eating lunch against the building trying not to laugh their a--es off. Only damage was pride. Wouldnt be the last time.

polaris said:
This might get moved since it was a Yamaha.

Oh I won't move it; it's a legitimate drop.  But I can't give you a CDA Award either since it wasn't a Connie.  Glad you weren't hurt and your RD400 came through unscathed though!