• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZG AIR SHOCK / WHAT DO YOU USE TO AIR IT UP

What are you using to air your shock up safely so you do not blow the seal out. I have a bicycle pump but it will not screw on far enough to air it up. What about a Harley Davidson air shock pump. They are very small, will they work. I have been using a straight air gauge but it's just a matter of time before I blow the seal out.

Can someone lead me in the rt direction
I want to put a C-14 shock on it but it will half to wait

Thanks Dean

The hd pump will work. I set the regulator to the pressure I want and use my compressor. A quick shot works for me.

There's a number of pumps similar to the HD branded one on Amazon. I got a 300 PSI dual face (high and low pressure) unit that was marketed for mountain bikes.

I bought the Harley Davidson 0-60 hand pump. It looks to be a quality item. This was delivered yesterday from my e-bay account. I can tell you it works great. It is very small but don't let that fool you.

Thanks for the help. Dean

Last edited:
What you bought should work fine.
The only issues is how much air you may lose when disconnecting from the shock air fitting.

(if you have an air compressor)
An easier method is to use a small regulator and Guage.
NOTE: Most air compressors have a regulator installed already.
,,Set the regulator to the desired pressure and add air to the shock.
Hold it on the shock for an extended period to allow the pressure to equalize. **
**NOTE: (it doesn't matter how long you hold it on as it will only go to the pressure you have set)
When you're ready, "quickly" remove the hose fitting from the shock.
You'll find that you still lose a bit of air from the shock but it will be minimal.
Done..

Ride safe, Ted

An easy method would be to buy one of these digital air inflators and (if needed) add a regulator before the hose.

Last edited:
The HD pump says it is a no air loss connection. That is what you need. With a screw on connection you will lose all of the air you put in when you disconnect it. Never just check the air pressure with a tire pressure gauge. The volume of air in the shock is so low most of it will be bleed out by checking.

I too use my compressor with the regulator turned down to the pressure I want.

Bonjour
J'utilise un outil à moi pour éviter les pertes d'air et une pompe VTT

1678342836-dscn3172.jpg