• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZX-14 Muzzy exhaust for a C14 (SOLD)

connie_rider

My Buddy asked me to sell a ZX-14 Header with a Muzzy Exhaust.
But the header is a 4 into 1.
This didn't make sense to me as a ZX-14 has dual mufflers.

After some searching, I saw where Jeremy Mitchell had installed a Muzzy Exhaust system on his C-14.
So, I called Jeremy and talked with him.
After talking with him and looking at the photo's in his discussion, I'm convinced that this is an identical Muzzy system.

Pipes are blued/brownish from heat, (Jeremy said this is normal) but otherwise they are in near perfect condition.
This system has zero dents, and only slight scuffing. (Carbon Fiber) Muffler has no scratches that I can find.
My Buddy said to ask $350. (I confirmed with Jeremy that this is reasonable as it is less that 1/2 of what the system cost new...)

NOTE:I have no way to post photo's right now, but I will try to find a way.
If you want to see what this system looks like go to Jeremy's discussion here. 
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,31020.msg143806.html#msg143806
Send me a PM (or post here) if you have questions...

Ride safe, Ted

After some searching, I saw where Jeremy Mitchell had installed a Muzzy Exhaust system on his C-14.
So, I called Jeremy and talked with him.
After talking with him and looking at the photo's in his discussion, I'm convinced that this is an identical Muzzy system.

Looks like a stainless steel header on Jeremy's post.
Is yours a stainless steel header, too?

IMAG0341.jpg

My Buddy said to ask $350.

Is that +shipping, or shipped?

What year is the ZX14 for? There is a diameter difference starting in 2008 on the ZX14, and its important.

I will check, but I think it is a 2006.

Stainless yes.
Slightly browned/blued from use.

It is a Complete Muzzy system. (Everything fits together) So,,, I did't think size of the pipes matter as the Muzzy Header, hooks directly into the Muzzy Mid Pipe, and Muzzy Muffler.

Didn't realize the ZX-14 changed.    Sorry about that. My bad......  :mad:

Outside diameter of the Headpipes are 1.515".    6" down, the downpipe diameters increase to 1.615") 
    Outside diameter of the Collector and the entry section of the Mid Pipe are 1.990".    12" back, the Midpipe Diameter increases to 2.245".

As far as I can tell, these pipes are identical to Jeremy's pipes.  Look at the photo of Jeremy's pipes and the increase in diameter's that I noted will make sense.

Ride safe, Ted

The change in 2008 increased the head pipe diameter as well as the exhaust outlet diameter, on the ZX14.

I have no idea if the C14 mirrors those changes or not.

Ooooopps,,,, I thought you were worried about the parts fitting together.
It is a Complete Muzzy system. (Everything fits together) So,,, I did't think size of the pipes matter as the Muzzy Header, hooks directly into the Muzzy Mid Pipe, and Muzzy Muffler.

Didn't realize the ZX-14 changed.    Sorry aboout that. My bad......

Outside diameter of the Headpipes are 1.515.    6" down, the downpipe diameters increase to 1.615") 
    Outside diameter of the Collector and the entry section of the Mid Pipe are 1.990".    12" back, the Midpipe Diameter increases to 2.245".

As far as I can tell, these pipes are identical to Jeremy's pipes.  Look at the photo of Jeremy's pipes and the increase in diameter's that I noted will make sense.
His other discussion explains how he did the installation. http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,31020.msg143806.html#msg143806 

Ride safe, Ted

I looked at Muzzy and tried to find this exhaust system to see what year ZX-14's it fit.
Was not successful, probably because I'm a computer illiterate.
Can someone else see what they can find out?

Update: Ok, I found a Muzzy system for a 2006-2011 ZX-14. This system I have looks exactly like this, (but I doubt this one is Titanium).
Bottom line though is the years that I says it will fit. (2006-2011)

Hope this helps.

Ride safe, Ted

https://store.58cycle.com/product_p/muzzy%20full%20ti%20dl%20oval%20zx14.htm

Ride safe, Ted

It is $350 plus shipping but I can negotiate to make this a better deal for someone.
I'm trying to help him sell this thing, but more importantly,, I'm hoping that someone gets a good pipe....

How about $300 plus shipping?
First note that sez,, "yes I  want it",,, gets it...

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, WHERE in South Central are you?  I might be interested more if you're in DFW and I can pick it up rather than ship.

I'm in Houston.

NOTE: I may be coming thru DFW on the way to Eureka Springs (the National).
At this point, I'm Undecided if I'm going the DFW or Texarcana Route.
Will be trailering so I have room (if needed).
Yes, I know I'm a sinner...
(But this time I have an excuse. I'm helping to put this thing on and wil be bringing a lot of stuff)...

Ride safe, Ted

A ZX Owner from Lousiana contacted me and bought the system yesterday to put on a 2009 ZX..
Roy, I have it all boxed up and will ship it Monday.

Ride safe, Ted