• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZX 14 Throttle Bodies install question

Spanky

Training Wheels
Has anyone here installed the ZX 14 throttle bodies on a C 14? If so, what is your opion on the results?  I am considering doing this but would like to hear from some people who have done the mod. Thanks in advance for any feedback. ( I did a search, but did not turn up anything, so please forgive me if this has already been posted ).

Just to clarify any confusion here. You are speaking of installing ZX14 throttle bodies on a C14, correct? (I just want to confirm this, so I don't have to move the thread).  ;)  Yes I have read of folks doing just that. But I do not remember the outcome of it. So I can't comment on it.

Since your ECU activates the A/F differently than a ZX14, and you have variable intake cam timing, I'm not sure ZX14 throttle bodies would buy you all that much.

We've talked about putting bored out TBs on our ZX14s, and I've come to the conclusion all it would do is decrease my miles-per-gallon. If I was drag racing it would help with bigger cams and increased displacement/stroke, etc.